Saturday 16 March 2024

Naughty #1 : Halla Holla Whoohoo!

I am allowing myself to take a breather from my carnivorous ways.

Man (or woman) can't live by meat alone. Well, actually we can but palate fatigue can set in and variety is much needed at this point.

It is understandable that some individuals can't afford to take such breaks because they are healing from autoimmune disease or trying to reverse Type 2 Diabetes or are on a weight loss journey.


As usual, everyday (Monday to Thursday and Saturday) I make my way to my brother's house to bring lunch to mum and to spend some time with her.

I noticed that the space previously occupied by Addict Chicken Rice is taken over by a Thai eatery.


Thai Food Near Me Damansara. This should be interesting.


After my visit with mum, I walked to Halla Holla @ Damansara Jaya. My main focus was coffee. 


I walked straight to the pastry counter to see if they had anything interesting. But nothing tickled my fancy.


That's not to say that the pastries were not enticing - there were Almond Croissants, Cinnamon Buns, Cinnamon Sugar Cruffin, Mixed Fruit Danish and the like. Things that would drive the old (addicted) me into a frenzy. But now. Meh.


First thing to hit my table, a much needed Flat White. Ah!


It's always quiet here and I like it.


My lunch was Egg & Mushroom Sonata from the sourdough sandwich series.


Creamy scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms topped with melted cheese and lettuce in between toasted sourdough slices.


Very substantial I tell you. I should have taken a photo of the filling without the bread. After I ate the sandwich, I was so so stuffed! Worth the carbs and calories.

I think this meal is quite all right. I try as far as possible not to go for very carb-centric foods like fried rice or noodles. Something with a good balance of (not too much) carbs and proteins is acceptable.

***Kitten Updates***

The little darlings are now three weeks old.


They are still relying on mama cat for sustenance.


This one is very pretty. I won't be surprised if it kena kidnapped.


Ah Ma's favorite girl. I thought the way she placed her hind legs was rather cute.


Ah Boi is slowly making his way into Ah Ma's heart.

16 comments:

  1. Tuxedo 😺 are very laku. Will steal πŸ’• hearts straightaway! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... very cute and charming!!

      Delete
  2. Ah, I would love your sandwich so let me put it in my copycat list to eat this sandwich and drink this coffee at this cafe. Wow, u must be so fit to walk so much for the whole week except for Friday and which day? I thought you all visit your father on Saturday and have lunch at kah hiong on Saturday. Did I remember wrongly? Need to read again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except Friday and Sunday. That sandwich you need to share with your hubby. Very big portion.

      Delete
  3. I πŸ™ no readers or stalkers will go to your house and kit nap these 3 lovelies πŸ’•πŸ˜»they look so happy with mama and grandma giving them lots of πŸ’• and also πŸ’• from grandma's partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... I try not to be so protective.

      Delete
  4. The way fav grandkit's hind legs are placed is to strike rabbit kicks at the butt of tuxedo bb kitty who is behind her. 😺 Rabbit kicks are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online got many cats doing rabbit kicks or they call it bunny kicks video. I can imagine fav grandkit bunny kicking tuxedo bb n Boi Boi BB. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ή

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen bunny kicks and Girl used to do that when I play with her.

      Delete
  6. i'm gonna kidnap the tuxedo kitten! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fact that the post title says Naughty #1, I'm expecting there'd be more?...lol. I guess if one has to eat bread, it might as well be sourdough. Your kitties will soon be able to eat solid food. I think you can start feeding them wet food (for kittens) in another week...6 mouths to feed is a huge responsibility, hope you're ready for it. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, a few more LOL! Just taking a short break from all meat. Yes, I am aware of the cost of feeding 6 kitties (not to mention litter costs and vet visits etc haiz!) but I accept the reality. They do bring me a lot of joy, so it's all right.

      Delete
  8. I passed by Halla Holla that day when I was heading to Atria Mall and I exclaimed to myself, this is the cafe that PH went!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! There is another cafe at Damansara Kim called Lavie Boulangerie. If you have the opportunity, go to that one and try the pastries. Prices are reasonable.

      Delete