Monday 18 March 2024

Monday Tapau

Last Monday I went to Restoran Bee Fatt 1111 to tapau siew yoke from the chicken rice stall.

It was for lunch that day and it cost me RM15.00. It was pretty good, the skin was crunchy. It filled me up nicely but I could have eaten a little bit more.


I did not take the chili dip since it would be too messy. Besides, it was not necessary since the siew yoke was already very good on its own. I am now appreciating food without condiments.


Dinner was beef trimmings, seasoned with garlic salt. I was trying to be clever. I used my pyrex instead of a baking tin lined with baking paper.

Why? Because I am trying to reduce (and eventually eliminate) the use of non-stick baking paper due to the chemical content. I mean, to make it non-stick it has to be coated with some substance, right?

But no denying that paper liners are so convenient for washing up. I had to soak the pyrex overnight before scrubbing off the residue.


***Kitten Updates***


See? Sleep until peluk-peluk.


Ah Boi feels left out.


The sleepyhead still can't wake up.


Ah Boi! Why aren't you sleeping?

8 comments:

  1. I agree that good dishes and meat don't need condiments. In Thailand, the folks have this habit to sprinkle chilly powder, sugar and peanuts with fish sauce onto their food before tasting. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    I was aware about the chemicals on non stick wares but never thought about its paper liners. You are smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At Mr Tuk Tuk I cannot resist to use their condiments especially their Thai chili sauce that taste better than the ones I buy from supermarket. I wonder what brand they use LOL!

      Delete
  2. Welcome, welcome to my group of appreciating food without condiments. I even ask for no sambal for nasi lemak but they will still give because they must be insulted that I don't want their sambal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! But for nasi lemak, I still want the sambal.

      Delete
  3. The 3 BB r adorable. I also want to peluk peluk them. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  4. First cannot use aluminium foil, now cannot use baking paper pulak. That would mean soon you won't be using non-stick pan either? Hee...hee. I think I will still use them (for the convenience factor) since I don't cook as often with air fryer as you. As for the stubborn residue, you can scrub it with those 3M stainless steel ball and the residue comes off easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, convenience beats the fear of the possibility of ill effects LOL! I will still use non-stick paper liner and pan from time to time.

      Delete