Saturday 9 March 2024

Level 2 Day #2 : A Feast for Two

Last Saturday mum was not feeling well. So she did not follow my brother and I to the nursing home.

Our visit to see dad went well as usual. Without mum around, I sat with dad the whole one hour and fortunately, the topic of Fiat Money came up only towards the end of the visit. LOL!

For lunch, my brother wanted steak. So he suggested that we go the The Penthouse. Unfortunately, when we got there (around 11:25am) we realized that the restaurant opens at 12:00pm. What a bummer.

So instead of standing around waiting for the place to open, we decided to head to our same-old-same-old - Kar Hiong. Well, we had not returned to Kar Hiong for two consecutive Saturdays since the Chinese New Year.


It was quiet when we got there but by the time we left, the place was buzzing.

Since there were just the two of us, we sat at a small table. But our orders were far from small hah..hah..hah...


Crispy Pork Belly. M!


Sayur Manis Stir Fried with Egg. L!


Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms. L!


Butter Prawns. M! 

Well, S is too small while M is not that big. And we can eat! The server knows us quite well and she did not bat an eyelid when taking our orders.


Now you see it.


Now you don't. My brother lagi champion. Prawn shells also mou chor. Suffice to say, we were happily stuffed. I skipped dinner that evening and so I achieved my OMAD. Many thanks to my brother for the scrumptious treat!


***Kitten Updates***


Kittie Kat is very busy these days. She is now a feeding station.


This little one is quite the cutie pie.


Ah Ma's second favorite.

8 comments:

  1. I have earmarked this Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms dish. See when I can get to taste it. 😋 Ah, little tuxedo bb. Still dunno gurl or Boi. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to taste the delicious mushrooms :)

      Delete
  2. 😍 I love every dishes you guys ate. I have not eaten Sayur Mantis for many years. Yums!
    Hope your mummy would be strong and robust again soon. Fiat money? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy is all good now, thanks! Yes, Fiat money, my dad loves that topic hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. Since embarking on my restrictive diet, giving up sugary treats is the easy part (which I've long been practising since I refrain from such treats as much as possible and even if I do, it's just a bite or two) but now I've to be selective even when ordering dishes at dai chow places. Anything with a sauce (or coated in sauce) I try to avoid like sweet/sour, marmite, honey, salted egg, assam pedas, sambals (coz they're cooked with sugar), so out of the 4 dishes you had, 3 of them are out of bounds for me. But I can't avoid all sauces or I'd have nothing to eat, so my best alternative now is anything soya (or oyster) sauce based, at least these are salty (of course there's still sugar in soy). My best friends are steamed or plain stir-fried (ching chow). Imagine my difficulty at chap fan stalls, not many choices since most dishes are sauce-laden...haiz. Like you, if we want to stick to our way of eating, best to cook it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very tough. Yes, all those saucy dishes are sugar laden. Last Saturday we had a pork rib dish that was delicious but I found the sauce way too sweet for me. My brother however loved the sauce and kept digging into it hah..hah... You are right, the best solution for us is to cook our own. But that can get boring after a while and we need a break. These days when I eat out on my own, I am also restricted to just a few places.

      Delete
  4. I had that crispy pork too during my recent trip to Genting Highlands and one plate wasn't enough for us (9 adults + 2 kids), so we ordered another plate. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For big group definitely one plate tak cukup. In fact that M sized serving felt like not really enough for both of us LOL!

      Delete