Thursday 14 March 2024

Makan and Movie

Last Saturday we went up to the nursing home to see dad. Every visit we bring some supplies.

Sometimes the nurse will text us to notify us to bring items that are running out. Or dad will record a message on her phone to tell us what he wants. Other times, we bring stuff on our own initiative because we can gauge when those items need top up.

Every visit we bring along diapers and newspapers. And a new item is tomato sauce (which the helpers refer to as sambal) which dad says makes the food taste better hah..hah...


My brother is fond of Ah Boy who is now adopted by the proprietor of the home. Whenever Ah Boy is around, he will be carried like a baby.


He is a friendly boy and amuses us with his antics.


After the visit, it was time to eat. We were lucky to get a parking spot right outside the restaurant.


The Honey Pepper Abalone Mushroom (L) that day was slightly below par. The mushrooms were in small pieces unlike how it usually is - big chunky meaty pieces. And not so crispy. 


The Salted Egg Prawns (M) were rather good. 


We ordered this Pucuk Manis Stir Fried with Egg (L) again because it was so good and we wanted mum to try it. And yes, it was very tasty and mum enjoyed the vegetable.

And now for the piece de resistance, my brother's choice.


The Signature Pork Ribs (M). I reckon medium would be the right serving size for the three of us and I was right. The rib was lip smackingly moist and succulent (with fatty parts) and this dish got the thumbs up all round. My only complaint was the sauce was too sweet. 

That was a fabulous lunch! So after we got back to the house and mum settled in, it was movie time!


It has been a while since I have been to the movies.



My brother and I made our way to GSC @ The Starling for this movie.


Dune Part Two. The day before I watch Dune Part 1 on Netflix.


I also got a free gift. A small cloth bag with a card inside (which I use as a bookmark). 


Oh my! It was a good movie and I enjoyed the story very much. I did not check the cast list prior to the movie and I spotted an actor whom I guessed was Austin Butler (Elvis 2022). I was right.


I recognized him from his lips hah..hah.. He played the role of Feyd-Rautha to a T. So if you have watched Dune Part 1 and liked it, go watch Dune Part 2 because it is even better than the first movie.

***Kitten Updates***


Ah Ma's favorite cozying up to its sibling.


Ah Boi with his big blue eyes. I hope they stay blue.


This little one is the most good looking of the lot, don't you think so?

12 comments:

  1. Good to know your father is in good mood nowadays since he can even joke about tomato sauce making the food taste nicer. I would love the prawns salted egg yolk dish and the egg pucuk manis dish. Ah, I also went to watch dune 2 but why I didn't get the bag 😢ya I enjoy both part 1 and part 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the bag was out of stock? It's a very small bag, I have not used it yet.

      Delete
  2. Aiyor, tuxedo kitty with the white vest and white socks looks so pretty. I think she is a little gurl. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think tuxedo & Grandma's favorite are girls (can see their tits in the first photo) & black panther is a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right! Tuxedo I am not 100% sure but will check again.

      Delete
  4. I can understand the need to have strong flavoured sauces for our food due to tastebuds loss. That's where I thought Acar Vegetables or Kim Chi helps.

    I have been watching so many hours of Netflix that I won't be able to finish so many good movies. Then I also thought of watching movies at Starling Mall because it is very to reach the car parks. Other malls esp 1-Utama is crazy at the old wing. Dune 2 here I come.

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Your blue eyes cats will continue to stay blue and beautiful. If it turns red or white then it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acar and kimchi will make me eat a lot of rice! LOL!

      Ya, me too. Netflix got so many movies and good documentaries and I only have weekends to watch. So takes a long time to finish series or long movies.

      LOLOLOL on the cat eyes! Don't lah scare me >.<

      Delete
  5. all 3 kittens are so cute with their blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I knew you must had complained the sauce of the pork ribs when I saw the photo.

    ReplyDelete