Monday 4 March 2024

Priming Day #23 : OMAD Instead of 2MAD

After the OMAD the day before, day #23 was back to 2MAD.

I cooked a pot of kimchi jigae with pork belly in the morning.


It was quite easy using my thermal pot, where I just need to put the soup to a boil for about 20 minutes and then place the pot into the insulated casing. The soup will continue to cook on residual heat.


For some reason, I did not feel hungry until about 2:00pm. I took out a defrosted steak and after seasoning (and letting come to room temperature), I cooked it in the air fryer at 200C for 2 minutes per side.

Then it was seared using my cast iron pan for another 2 minutes, one minute per side.


This was what I achieved, pink and juicy.


I had that with a container of kimchi jigae kosong, meaning no meat inside LOL!


I made iced coffee a bit later to enjoy while watching Tiger Stripes. I can understand why it had to be censored when screened at the local theatres. Typical.


My late lunch carried me through the day and I skipped dinner. I was supposed to eat two meals but ended up with just one.


Meanwhile Girl kacau me (or was it I kacau her) while we were on the couch.


I have visible veins on my hands. Not very attractive.


But my mum (a retired nurse) said that it is a blessing. Because during emergencies, it is easier to locate a vein to start a drip. Hah!

***Kittie Kat Updates***


Kittie Kat is very busy these days.


The kittens are growing bigger and more active everyday.


Looking at them every morning before I leave for work and every evening when I get home makes me very happy. They have brought me a lot of joy.

12 comments:

  1. I, as one of your readers feels happy to read about Kittie Kat & her kitten kitten too. Being a mum in the animal world is not easy, at least Kittie Kat does not have to find food to feed herself & her kittens. They have Grandma to feed them. I feel sorry for those stray cats & dogs which have to find food for themselves & their kittens & pups when food is scarce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that :) I also feel sorry for the stray cats and dogs. That's why I took Kittie Kat in when she wandered into my porch. She was all alone.

      Delete
  2. I think this is your best looking/cooked steak yet...nailed your medium rare! ;) P/S: Yes, it's always a joy to see babies (or kitties) sleeping but when they start to walk, the headache begins...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks hee..hee... Oh ya, the kitties will start running around before I know it and most likely will try to come into the house!

      Delete
  3. When I don't eat breakfast in the morning, I won't feel hungry until 2 pm to 3 pm. Wow, your photo1 showing the steak you cooked, sure look delicious 😋🤤 yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel OK but sometimes I get hungry. I try to tahan but if I get too hungry I eat. I need to get used to fasting again after taking a break last year.

      Delete
  4. I could feel your 💕 for Kittie Kat and her 3 bbs through your post after looking at their photos and the way you talk about them. 😻😻😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I have a soft spot for them.

      Delete
  5. I envy your hands because I find hands with visible veins are more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hands are just like yours, with many greenish visible veins.... >_<

    ReplyDelete