Saturday 2 March 2024

Priming Day #21 : Price Increase

It was a Wednesday and this was the day that Kittie Kat birthed the kittens (possibly late into the evening since I discovered them early next morning).

Earlier that day my partner and I together with mum visited dad at the nursing home. Before we made our way to pick mum up, I tapau two packets of chicken rice, one for mum and one for my partner.

After the visit, we dropped mum off at my brother's house. I walked her in and reminded her to eat her lunch. Then my partner dropped me off at the office.


It was a terribly hot day, like any day these days. I had my lunch at you-know-where.


For some reason, I was hankering for char siew (supposed to avoid due to the sugar) and since I was famished, I got me the triple combo.


Dear, dear. The price has increased. Portion size shrunk a bit. Well, what to do. Prices everywhere has gone up.

I know I said I have to come here less often but I love the meat too much. Maybe lay off the combos and stick to my favorite roast duck. 


For dinner, I took out a container of kimchi jigae from the fridge and broke 4 eggs into it. There was not many pieces of pork belly in the soup hence the 4 eggs.


Then I used a fork to break the yolks.


This is how it was after steaming. Very nice!

***Kitten Updates***


This is a clear shot of the Black Panther kittie.


All three blissfully napping.


It looks like this little fella is sharing a secret :)

8 comments:

  1. Your food is yummy as usual! The kittens are sleeping a lot to grow up faster! 💖 Thank you for the most updated photos of your kitties. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bring me a lot of joy. I love looking at them and yes, they grow so fast!

      Delete
  2. In the last photo, one of the Kittie’s eyes were about to fully open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three kitties eyes are open now and they are more and more active.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe that Donald has been increasing his menu prices and probably shrinking the portions. Tsk Tsk!! I have not paid them a visit yet. 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they need to do that to survive. Everything is expensive these days. As long as they maintain their quality, I will still go there but not as often as I used to.

      Delete
  4. I wonder how many your egg consumption per month, have you calculated it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't count hah..hah...hah...

      Delete