Wednesday 13 March 2024

I Ate Rice. Yikes!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have discontinued Level 2 of the Feasting and Fasting Program

I need to establish an intermittent fasting baseline for myself first. I did rather well in 2022, managing a few skip days with no trouble at all. By the way, I started intermittent fasting back in 2019.


Girl is feeling a little bit neglected because I have been paying a lot of attention to the kittens.


So here she is trying to get Ma's attention.


Don't worry lah, Girl. You are still Ma's number one, OK?

A few days prior, I was having a craving. I don't know where that came from. I was craving sandwiches. Tsk! And then I thought of pastries. Double tsk!

So I figured I was going to fulfil that (carb) craving with white rice instead. Plain rice with proteins and some veggies would help quell that craving. It is better than eating (sweet) pastries.


So I cooked some beef trimmings.


Minced beef omelette.


And I cooked some basmati rice. So that was my plate of rice, beef trimmings, omelette and store bought kimchi. Did I satisfy my cravings? I guess I did because after that I did not think about carbs anymore hah..hah..hah...


At Aeon last Sunday, I saw this date palm replica and that is the signal that Ramadan is coming.


Well, yesterday our Muslim brothers and sisters commenced fasting.


I love Medjool dates but am abstaining because they are very sweet.


Besides they don't come cheap.


It's Hari Raya goodies galore and it felt like just yesterday that it was Chinese New Year. Haiz...


These butter cookies tins are so pretty!


Ah! All the Hari Raya munchies as far as the eyes can see!


So many choices.


Meanwhile at the snack counter, these were going at a discount.


I guess they are near expiry and the store needed to get rid of them.


Since I no longer consume these items, I did not buy any. 

***Kitten Updates***

I must pay some attention to mama cat. I love to see her kittens snuggling up to her.
Hee..hee.. What a busy mama you are!


This one is either a pretty girl or a handsome boy.


I should be able to tell soon.

12 comments:

  1. Mama cat has grown mature since kittens were born (becoming like Aunty, but she also looks 'sian' nursing all the kittens). Glad to see all the kittens' eyes developed well & clear of any conjunctivitis. I think Mama cat is a great mum deserving all the love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was initially worried if she would be up for it since she is so young. But trust mother nature and insticts kicked in. Kittie Kat did a good job with her kittens.

      Delete
  2. I found that it is true that frozen cooked rice has resistant starch because I didn't retain any water even though I eat lots of frozen cooked rice. So if u are interested to try, next time u crave for carbs, u can freeze cooked basmati rice. Then after one or two days, heat up these frozen cooked rice and eat as usual. U can feel the difference in your body and best of all, the rice taste the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about resistant starch but have not experimented as yet.

      Delete
  3. Mama kittie kat looks so much older now in the photos above. Ah, tuxedo girl gurl or tuxedo Boi Boi? Must wait for grandma to reveal soon. Tuxedo meows meows 🐈😺 are special meows. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has grown up and is a good mama to her babies.

      Delete
  4. Kittens are super cute but they will be a handful soon. Lol.

    Agreed. Better to take rice than those sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, you do have cravings. Giving in to your cravings once a while is ok. I also choose basmathi rice (per advice from my doc) since I don't like brown rice. If there's one thing I crave....it's bread (sandwiches & buns)! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it came out of nowhere and I reckon it is best to give in but in a better way and not go all crazy with the high carbs. I also don't like brown rice, it has a certain smell and texture. Me too, bread is weakness!

      Delete
  6. I can see our Malay friends have more choices of Raya cookies if compared with last time, i think this is influenced by Chinese, haah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! hah..hah... And they also have their version of "ang pow" packets for duit raya.

      Delete