Thursday 28 March 2024

Soup and Eggs for Dinner

I love soups because they are not only delicious but nutritious and can be batch cooked in advance.

If you are a fan of Seinfeld, you would remember an episode the Soup Nazi whose soup was so delicious that customers would line up and willingly follow his eccentric rules when purchasing soup. Or else "No soup for you!!"


This is how it looks like when I scoop it out straight from the fridge into my Korean bowl. Then I steam the soup for 20 minutes.


Five minutes before time, I pour in four eggs.


The eggs are nicely poached in the soup.


It's always nice fishing out the eggs.


I eat a lot of eggs heh..heh...


I have been a fan of eggs ever since I was a little girl.


My auntie used to remind me that I could eat 6 eggs a day when I was a kid. Don't know how true that is. Recollections may differ hah..hah...


***Kitten Updates***

Yesterday I was worried because Ah Boi ran outside the gate with his mama. When Kittie Kat returned, Ah Boi was nowhere to be seen.

Well, when I got home, I was so happy to see this.


Ah Boi hanging out with his sisters right outside my front door. Phew! Made Ah Ma worried, this naughty boy.


Mama cat is still nursing. Eh, where is the other kitty?


Haiz! Still wanna pose for photo. TuTu Kat, go get your dinner!


This morning I heard scratching sounds at my front door.


Guess who?

11 comments:

  1. Hahahaha the small paw paw 🐾 🐾 in your photo is so cute! I πŸ™ πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ too. I think Kittie Kat carried ah Boi Boi home. Good mama πŸ‘πŸ˜»

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is ah Boi Boi! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to eat eggs too. When I was in standard one, every morning my mother would cook poached eggs in tong Sui for me to eat. Still young so can drink the sugary sweet tong Sui after eating the sweet poached eggs. Have you eaten sweet poached eggs in sweet sugary tong Sui water before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen this type of dessert on the internet but I find it hard to accept hard boiled eggs in tong sui. It is strange to me.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that BoiBoi made it home. You were lucky coz kittens don't know the way home yet...they have to follow their mothers. That's why the more adventurous kittens tend to get lost when they venture away from their mothers. And that's exactly the reason why we usually find only one stray kitten (and not more) who strayed into our home. Since the kitties are kept outdoors, there's always the risk of them getting lost or knocked down by a car (since they also don't know how to avoid cars at their age). A little piece of advice/sharing, make sure you account for them before reversing your car as kittens like to hide between the rim of your car tyre + they're oblivious to the dangers of a moving car (that's why we see so many roadkills). My BIL once drove some kitties hiding underneath his car from his house all the way to Aeon...lol (before realising and had to seek help to remove the kitties safely)! Don't ask me how the kitties survived the journey to Aeon. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am aware of the perils faced by the kitties. When my partner reverses his car I am outside to make sure the kittens are accounted for and are in a safe spot. In the evenings I keep them in a cage together with their mama. I am amazed by your BILs experience. Those kittiens have 9 lives! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Has to be Ah Boi coz he is the only one has black paws with sharp nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like eggs also! (*´∀`)δΊΊ(´∀`*)
    Aw.....that little paw, so cute~~

    ReplyDelete