Tuesday 5 March 2024

Priming Day #24 & #25 : I Ate Carbs

Day #24 was Chap Goh Meh. Because it was also a Saturday, lunch with my other brother joining was not at our usual place.

I of course "abandoned" my carnivorous ways for the special occasion.

No worries because at dinner, I jumped right back to my usual way of eating.

As you all know, I am not super strict. I do eat some vegetables. In this case the veggies in kimchi jigae. So far I am fortunate because I have never had any issues with vegetables. The reason I don't eat them in any frequency is just to keep things simple. 


On day #25 I pampered myself with this piece of sirloin steak. I dry brined the steak for a few hours the night before.

I cooked the steak using my cast iron pan and it turned out rather well (though slightly overcooked).


For dinner it was a cheese-bake using precooked minced beef and mozzarella cheese. I ran out of bacon bits, so this meal was not that delicious. I couldn't finish it and kept the leftovers to be repurposed.

I paid some attention to mommy Kittie Kat and played with her for a bit. She is still kitten-like, being young herself. She deserves some attention so that she knows she is much loved.

***Kitten Updates***


So syiok to sleep like that.


I could stare at this kitty all day ........

10 comments:

  1. Good morning! Yes to playing with kitties kat 😻she is like a teenage mother. Good that you are flexible with your meals and can jump back right in to being a carnivore 💪the little bb paw paw is so tiny, pink and cute 🩷 you have a name for her already since she is your fav?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! I have a name for all three and will reveal soon. Yes, I love the pink underside of the paws too!

      Delete
  2. Ooo. Yummy beef and cheese bake. Good that the little kitty is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kittens are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, will soon run around and give me headache. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Lunch with your other brother may not be at your usual place of Kar Hiong...but it's at the other usual place at Serai...lol. P/S: Your post title is incomplete...it should be I Ate Carbs...and Sugar....kekeke! :D Yeah, I too would relax (a little) on my restrictive diet (but still be mindful of sugar) on special occasions...hah..hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We always end up at our "usual" places. Ah yes, I ate sugar, lots hee..hee.. Once in a while never mind lah...

      Delete
  5. Would you believe that I have bought ingredients to make Acar Vegetables because they can be stored in the fridge for a long time. Next is making Kim Chi Jigae which I need to buy the ready Kim Chi. We can never make them as good as the ones I ate in Seoul and Busan because their cabbages and all vegetables are so huge, juicy and sweeter due to environmental issues. My friend shocked me when he pointed out their wild spring onions grown everywhere were so fat like my fingers and over one feet long with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo... I love nonya acar! Yes, I agree. The Korean cabbage and radish we can't get them over here. The ones from China is not as nice I think. I always see on Youtube, the Korean spring onions are super sized unlike what we get here. If I ever get the chance to go to Korea, I want to taste their kimchi and kimchi jigae!

      Delete