Wednesday 6 March 2024

Priming Day (#26, #27 and) #28 : Fatt Kee Soy Sauce Chicken Rice


This stall, Fatt Kee Soy Sauce Chicken Rice @ Damansara Kim was a firm favorite of my auntie and late uncle.

Whenever they fancied chicken rice, they drive all the way here. This stall is located at Restoran Wan Shoon @ Damansara Kim.


The photo (above) was taken on the 5th day of Chinese New Year (Wednesday) when I walked here hoping to buy a packet of chicken rice for dad. Well, they were closed until the end of the week.


Anyway, I walked here Wednesday (Priming Day #28) morning to tapau chicken rice for my mum. Dad has since requested no more chicken rice. He assured us that he was getting enough protein at the home.


I have been coming here pretty much every Wednesday to get lunch for mum. Prior to that, it was my brother who drove here every Wednesdays and Saturdays to get lunch for dad.

I volunteered to run the errand since it is within walking distance from my office. Save my brother from having to look for parking and good exercise for me.


The young lady on the right is super efficient. You don't have to wait long for orders. One packet of soy sauce chicken rice (drumstick) is RM9.50. If you add char siew and siew yoke it is RM13.50. Well, one day I will come here and enjoy a plate of soy sauce chicken (yes, with rice).

After I tapau the chicken rice, I went to buy newspapers and then walked to my brother's house. Then my brother came home to fetch us for our twice weekly visit to see dad.

As usual, after our one hour visit, he drops us back at his house. After I settle mum, I walk back to Damansara Utama.


By the time I arrived a Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles, I was so thirsty.


I almost finished my Kopi C even before my soup was served.


First up, must take the super good chili dip.


Very hearty soup with all those organs and meat.


Fabulous lunch!

Dinner was kimchi jigae and whatever happened to days #26 and # 27? 


Day #26 was OMAD so this was dinner. Day #27 was also OMAD and I had beef trimmings and kimchi jigae. Forgot to snap photos though.

***Kitten Updates***


Lelong! Lelong!


Cute or not?


This one is Ah Ma's favorite.


Next up is "Black Panther".


Look at his claws. These kiddos are already 2 weeks old.

14 comments:

  1. Wah Ah Ma showing off her grand kids to her readers. Their cuteness is overloaded & made my day. Wow Black Panther's claws are like warewolf. Growing up well little fellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what grandmothers do LOL! Those claws are very sharp, ouch!

      Delete
  2. Careful careful, witches may kitnap little black panther to do blek magik. Wah so kecil meow la your grandkids. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, but he is a feisty one and will try to scratch the witch!

      Delete
  3. Wah, your father is super 💪
    The home is so good that it provides nice food for the residents until your father also tells you all no need anymore chicken rice. Very good exercise for you to walk all the way from uptown to d.kim. is it easy to cross that major highway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an overhead pedestrian bridge, so very safe to cross the highway.

      Delete
  4. Your favourite grandkit is like pak janggut with a colour patch side of her chin. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to eat their chicken rice char Siew often as the rice is always well cooked. But looking for tables and parking was nightmare as expected. The Mee Jawa there is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parking there is always full house! I must go taste the mee jawa one day.

      Delete
  6. I noticed this stall on my last visit, bookmarked & will try out on my next visit. I miss the Jawa Mee here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mee jawa must be so good that you miss it hah..hah.. I will try it when I can.

      Delete
  7. This Fatt Kee Chicken Rice sounds very familiar....I think they've other stalls elsewhere. I also wonder if they're affiliated with Fatt Kee Roast Duck & Chicken Rice (which I've tried but wasn't overly impressed) and Fatt Kee Roast Fish. I say this coz the Chinese words of Fatt Kee seems to be similar in all three (this is by looking, not reading, the Chinese characters...lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeless with Chinese characters. They all look the same to me. LOL! I can ask the young lady next time I am there. Maybe the name "Fatt Kee" is common or it means something that is common.

      Delete