Friday 15 March 2024

Salty But Delish

On Tuesday, I thought of making it only one meal ie dinner but I was peckish.

So I headed to Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles for the Supreme Mixed Soup.


I specified "no meatballs" because I dislike those processed meatballs. This bowl of soup was loaded with goodies and the liver was not overcooked. It was cooked just right.


The soup although very tasty was a bit on the salty side. But I kept sipping the soup because it was so good. Then I worried about feeling thirsty later but to their credit, my fears were unfounded. I guess they did not overdo the msg. 


I did not order coffee because I brought my own black coffee and it was in the office fridge. The Kopi C here costs RM4.20.


Two evenings before, I marinated a packet of beef trimmings with curry powder, turmeric powder and garlic salt.


These were air fried in my trusty air fryer. They were rather good except for a few pieces that were very tough.


***Kitten Updates***


These kitties are now 3 weeks old. 


They are able to sit up and walk. But they are not so stable on their feet yet (shaky).


So they should remain protected in the box until such time that they can walk confidently.


The time will come for them to assert their independence and learn to fend for themselves.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe they didn't use msg at all, just salt with pork goodness from the porky ingredients in the soup. Good that you brought your own coffee from home to the office. After walking from the eatery back to your office , u can enjoy your cold coffee. Your beef trimmings must be very flavourful since you use all the good powder herbs spices to marinate them. Yums πŸ˜‹πŸ€€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef trimmings are so good even if marinated with just salt. I love it because it is delicious and less expensive than other beef cuts.

      Delete
  2. I suspect kittie kat may have her BB a bit earlier so they may be a bit premature so may need more time to walk stable. Kittie kat and grandma are looking after the 3 kiddies very well! Thank you 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday I tested them again and they seem more confident and can walk with their tail up in the air. Though tuxedo kitty is more timid unlike the other two siblings.

      Delete
  3. kudos to grandma for taking care of these kittens and providing them with a safe environment to grow! My fav is the tuxedo kittie with that innocent look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be everyone's favorite!

      Delete