Friday 13 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #11 (Sushi Foodtruck)

These days it is quite common to see foodtrucks selling all sorts of food and beverages.

A couple of days ago I found this sushi food truck - Makii Sushi Bar. How cool is that?


I couldn't take a better photo of the menu because there was a car parked beside the truck.


This is the best that I can do.


The menu - Omega Set (RM27.90), Stamina Set (RM27.90), Tokyo Set (RM19.90), Yume Set (RM19.90), Kyoto Set (RM19.90) and Haru Set (RM19.90). There is no description of the sets except for breakdown of protein/fat/carbs and calories. There is also Fresh Cut Sashimi (RM13.90).

Because sushi and maki contain rice (carbohydrates), I might not be trying this anytime soon. 

Now on to my food. On day #11 (Wednesday) I did not eat lunch. I went to Jaya Grocer to look for beef trimmings and I found two packets.


Back home I air fried the trimmings. With garlic. hah..hah... I decided to have garlic (and turmeric) to make my food taste better. I also had some warm bone broth made with chicken feet.


There were extras which I set aside for lunch the following day. Very yummy!

8 comments:

  1. Food trucks nowadays really macam macam jenis ler, we have a Tong Sui food truck at my area, but the food was just so so..... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that many - only coffee, rojak and potato balls.

      Delete
  2. I was excited when I saw the sushi truck thinking you'll be showing us some sushi...but alas, not quite! Is that oil (or turmeric oil) swimming under the beef trimmings that you decided to consume as well? >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, not yet time for me to sample the sushi. If the truck is still there in a few months time, I will try it LOL! Yes, that was a mix of fats and beef juices.

      Delete
  3. Can make your own sushi, not difficult. We have a new Japanese place here now, just opened. Will check it out soonest and blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too troublesome for me, besides can't make so many varieties.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I like the taste of garlic and turmeric! Guess you won't be buying anything from the sushi truck unless you want a cheat day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I might have a carb day but it will not be so soon.

      Delete