Tuesday 31 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #30 (Last Day!)

Yesterday I was so busy until I forgot to update my blog. My partner insisted on buying my mum Chinese New Year goodies. 

Some more must go to SS2. I was not in the mood so I told him "No need lah!" but he said "Must give! Must follow the law!" What law also I don't know. So off we went to SS2.


I very malas to go to SS2 because of the jam and it is always congested and not so easy to get parking. 


I stayed in the car (and snapped photo) while he went to get bak kwa. He said must get a certain brand that is very famous. Can you see the shop?


Oloiya. Their logo is a chicken with boxing gloves. Someone's favorite brand. You know who you are hee..hee.. So after he bought the bak kwa we headed to my brother's house to drop of the bak kwa, a box of oranges, egg tarts and some supplies my mum requested.


This was Girl yesterday morning. As usual she is a sleepy head after breakfast. 


Since she soiled the armchair cushion (which I threw away in disgust), she now sleeps on the rug.


Yesterday for breakfast I had one pork burger patty. Then lunch was beef trimmings.


Dinner was my simple sup ayam made with chicken feet (for the collagen) and wings. I added ginger and garlic when I cooked the soup on Sunday. 


This was my beef trimmings straight out from the fridge. I know it looks yucky.


Eaten at lunch. Not sure what I am having this evening. So my January 2023 Challenge is complete (30 days) though I did not achieve what I set out to do (ie go 100% carnivore) I am still happy.

I went without coffee and found that I can live without it if I chose to. But no, I love coffee and seeing that I have given up so many things already, I am bringing coffee back into my life. Woohoo!!!

12 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I also don't know what law so didn't give much this new year. Is oloiya the best? I am different to bakwa so I don't know. Have been buying hock moon Hiong because it is cheaper and bee ching hiang because it is said to use better quality pork. Ah, Girl is so cute as usual! Yay to u! Back to having coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. I love coffee too much to give it up.

      Delete
  2. Woe lai yea...not my favourite. They have a branch in Kuching, no quality control, not nice. At this point in time, no West Malaysian bak kua allowed in Sarawak. I did buy Loong Kee's chicken bak kua though. beggars can't be choosers. Eeeee...chicken feet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see! Yup chicken feet has lots of collagen!

      Delete
  3. Woohoo to bringing back coffee to your life! ;) For someone who doesn't like fats, the sight of solidified fat is a real turn off. Since you already stored your beef trimmings in a metal container, you could just slide that into the oven toaster to heat it up. At least then you don't have to eat solidified fats in the office at lunch time. What chicken do you use for your sup ayam? Since you're making chicken soup without any aromatics, I'd suggest you use choi yin kai or even just the bones. You'd notice a big change in the flavours for the better and you won't want to go back to normal chicken for your soup again! P/S: Yes, I spotted the logo straightaway...hehe. I've eaten quite a few different brands in my lifetime (even the long Q Wing Heong) but find Oloiya still the best in terms of taste for me (and my family as well). I see your partner concurs too. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo indeed! I love coffee too much hee..hee.. Ah, so that is the secret of good sup ayam. I used regular chicken so I must get choi yin kai next time. I have not eaten that many bak kwa so I don't know which is the best. So when my partner insisted on Oloiya, I immediately thought of you hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. your partner is so filial, respect the in-laws so much....I'm not sure if got law need to give certain things to in-laws parents during CNY..."the unspoken law" kot......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what he meant by "law" hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. Aiyo, he's the one who drive, you just follow lah, haha!
    Is the Korean stone bowl good to use? Are you cooking the soup directly in the bowl on the stove fire? Tempting to get one. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Even to follow I feel malas. Yes, that is the Korean stone bowl. I cooked the soup using slow cooker but used the stone bowl to reheat the soup.

      Delete
  6. I only saw the 4D sign!! Lol. So nice of your lahling to buy gift for your mum. Actually got such tradition for son-in-law (or/and daughter) to give something for CNY. But usually give before or first few days of CNY when go visiting.. Usually we bought new clothings for my parents but there was once we bought hamper and another time, pork leg ..

    Can't live without coffee for so long huh?? Lol. I guess it is ok. Once a while indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the 4D sign! Ah, yes, the tradition of gifting. That's the law he was referring to hee..hee...

      Yes, I love coffee too much!

      Delete