Wednesday 1 February 2023

MIKI Bakery, The Starling : Seriously Good Egg Tart!

I was doing rounds in my typical auntie fashion at The Starling when I decided to inspect MIKI Bakery.

As a carnivore, I have no business sneaking into bakeries but old habits die hard. At least now, when I walk inside and take a deep breath (or a few), I can walk out unscathed (ie without being tempted to buy something), or so I thought.


This bakery is located at the basement (same floor as Jaya Grocer) and has been in operation for some months now. 


MIKI Bakery prides themselves with three types of Egg Tarts (the best in town it seems) (1) Premium Germany Egg Tart (2) Portuguese Egg Tart and (3) Bamboo Charcoal Portuguese Egg Tart.


So of course I had to go take a peek. I asked the nice young man behind the counter what is the difference between the Germany Egg Tart and the Portuguese Egg Tart

The difference is in the crust. Cookie crust for the Germany Egg Tart and puff pastry crust for the Portuguese Egg Tart. Hmm!

Seeing that I was so kepoh, I felt very paiseh to walk away without a purchase. So I asked for one Germany Egg Tart (RM4.30). 


There you have it!


Does this not look beautiful?


I felt a little guilty to indulge (I really shouldn't - I mean the guilty part) but what the heck. One egg tart is not going to derail me.


Ngap! Oh my! I love the very crumbly crust, it melts in your mouth. And the egg custard is light and yet creamy and not overly sweet. That's what I like, a pastry that is barely sweet and so delightful!

This egg tart gets a thumbs up from me. I will go get some this weekend for my parents and my brother.

14 comments:

  1. Who could resist egg tart?? I couldn't!!!!

    Haha. Glad the kaypoh auntie enjoying her egg tart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sounds so delicious! I hope they will have stalls in midvalley mall or pavilion Bukit Jalil because I want to eat them!! 😋😋😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will. Then you will have a chance to try their egg tarts.

      Delete
  3. If I get to smell the freshly baked pastries, I will be tempted to buy. The egg tarts looks so yummy. Glad you enjoyed the egg tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine that I just bought one. In the past, I would have bought at least four hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. I love egg tarts, both the regular and the Portuguese. Never tried the Bamboo - I guess that is just black, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, just a matter of the color. I used to buy the ones from TK Confectionery and eat all 6 at one go LOL!

      Delete
  5. You used to eat quite a lot of baked goodies and desserts, so I would think that you'd be tempted at some point to deviate from your carnivore diet....lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I could have walked away without the tart but I felt bad snapping photo and not buying anything.

      Delete
  6. Many eateries always claim themselves as "The Best In Town", haha! I can see the egg custard filling is quite thick and generous, at least well justifies the price charged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..yes, their own product is always the best. The egg tart is good, I think you will agree.

      Delete
  7. HIi dear ^^ thx for the support for our products ^^ , would u mind if we share your blog link into our homepage?

    ReplyDelete