Monday 20 February 2023

Hello! Hello! I Am Back!

I am happy to report that my dad's medical procedure was successful. He is back (at my brother's) home and he is on the mend.

Praise the Lord! And many thanks to those of you who wished him well and offered your thoughts and prayers.

Now latest developments about me hah..hah... Well, I suffered another episode of slipped/herniated disc two Sundays ago. Yup, me and my back, always got issues. 

Being on the carnivore diet does not make me invincible (obviously). However, it makes healing much faster and the stage of recovery that I am having now (after one week) is equivalent to my recovery at week four during my first (2013) and second injury (early 2021 after my Covid-19 booster shot). I am on the mend and there is nothing to worry about.

And now food!


Bacon and eggs. My favorite. This was lunch last Friday. 


After lunch I had coffee.


I missed eating steaks, so this is one of my recent orders from Feast Market. I chose sirloin over ribeye because it is cheaper. You might notice that the steak was on the rare side and oh wow, it was so tender! Melt in your mouth tender.


That's why, if you want a really good steak, you have to be willing to pay a bit more for the right quality. This steak I cooked in a non-stick pan using the cold sear method.

That liquid you see in a measuring cup is (chicken feet) bone broth, my el cheapo collagen supplement.


This was Belle Belle yesterday. It was raining and she decided to stay in after dinner.


After that she fell asleep. I was downstairs (resting my back) and watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. This series meets with my (high) standard of what a horror series should be.

It was very creepy/disturbing and many scenes reminded me of The Conjuring. I really cannot tahan and watched it in the day time except for those evenings when my partner comes home early. Takut!


This was my bacon and eggs on Saturday morning before visiting my parents. 

Well, that's all I have for now. After a break, it is quite hard to get up on the horse again, so to speak. I hope to gather momentum and to get back to my regular updates again.

12 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the good news. May God bless him and all of you abundantly. Take care, all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know your dad is alright. And you are doing well too. Be careful, at our age, no fun to have a fall or dislocate disc ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, I must be more careful and not hurt my back again (touch wood!)

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that your father's procedure is a success! Please take good care of yourself too. Ah, I love to eat your fried eggs. Belle Belle is a smart girl to stay indoors comfortably instead of going out in the rain. Good girl Belle Belle, so cute too. Thanks for the photos. I don't dare to watch, thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are right, Belle Belle is smart. Girl don't care. Rain also she wants to stay outside >.<

      Delete
  4. Hello! Hello! Glad you're back! And glad to hear that you dad is doing well. Sorry to learn about your slipped disc again. Hope you're feeling better now.

    You cook your steaks in many ways. Previously it was the reverse sear method...and now cold sear pulak...kekeke! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to be back! Many thanks for your wishes. I am healing quite well.

      LOL! I saw it on Youtube, so I tried.

      Delete
  5. Hi PH! Sorry, I have been missing for at least two months, didn't log in to do my blog as well as hopping around too... Excuse? Busy and lazy... hope this time round, I will be more hardworking here. Sorry to hear about your dad and happy to hear that he is on the recovery phase... Oh you too, I guess each of us have our own medical problems, and sometimes I wonder whether I should blame it on the covid doses... LOL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't be sorry dear! You have been spending time with your loved ones and that is good! Thank you for dropping by. Oh ya, now with advancing age, medical problems will come and visit. LOL!

      Delete
  6. It's really glad to know that you dad is doing well.
    Your steak was so red, a bit scares me, to be honest. :P
    The bone broth was your soup to serve with your steak dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was scared too before I ate the steak hah..hah..because I usually don't eat so raw >.< Yes, I had the bone broth as a soup.

      Delete