Tuesday 28 February 2023

Sunday Short Loin

I love lamb. Besides, I was getting tired of beef. I didn't feel like having chicken or even pork. So lamb it was.


So I bought this. Lamb short loin.


I simply cooked them in my cast iron pan. No need for any oil because the lamb is self oiling since it is so fatty.


This oil splatter thingy came in very handy.


I also bought a couple of beef patties. Just to add up my purchase to qualify for free delivery.


I also fried some eggs. And ah! I eat salad! 


I did say that I would reintroduce vegetables to my plate at some point, low carb vegetables. The dressing that came with the pre-washed salad is a sesame dressing and I found the sesame smell quite strong.


There were 8 pieces of lamb and after I had 3 for lunch and 3 for dinner, there were 2 leftover for the next day. But I finished the burger patties and salad.


Yup, I had mustard and (the last bit of) chili sauce on my burger patty. I did mention in an earlier post that my favorite chili sauce now tastes like chemicals. I guess I won't be buying anymore. But I still like tomato ketchup.


Well, that was a really nice Sunday makan

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Your diy meat eggs salad platter is worth at least rm80 in a restaurant. A balanced and tasty meal. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am on a carnivore (all meat) way of eating although I do sneak in carbohydrates from time to time.

      Delete
  3. I love lamb a lot more than beef but unfortunately, I have to stay away from both! Sobsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lambs too. But can't eat much. Red meat. Really nice makan for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say it is heaty but I am ok with it.

      Delete
  5. Surprisingly, I have no appetite for meat now but I am forcing myself to eat some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope that you will recover soon and regain your appetite. Just eat some, what you can so that you maintain your nutrition intake.

      Delete
  6. i can't eat too much lamb....too heaty for body...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's what I heard - it is heaty but I am all right with it.

      Delete
  7. Glad to finally see some greens on your plate....and happy to know that you've reintroduced (some) vegetables back into your diet (where I think they belong). ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet my mum feels the same way but she didn't say anything hah..hah...

      Delete
  8. I like lamb too - grilled lamb rack/lamb chop, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete