Thursday 2 March 2023

Charbroiled Ribeye

I still have faith in The Ship. So I thought I would give this restaurant another go. Besides, I was craving for a ribeye. Tsk!

When I was at The Ship the last time, I saw the server bring a steak to a customer (who sat at the table in front of mine) and it looked really good.

The Mixed Grill was a disappointment but it might not be a reflection of all the other items on the menu. So with that, I found myself at The Ship again.


I forgot to say that I don't want the bun. Although it was an ordinary bun, nothing special, I ate it. See that bowl of salad? It came to the table like that, with a whole lot of Thousand Island Dressing.

I remembered they used to serve the salad (without dressing) where the server would bring three types of dressing for you to choose. Maybe they do that only at dinner service, I don't know.


I also had a latte. A very diluted latte. Don't order coffee here.


Now, does that look good?


I requested for the steak to be done medium rare.

Haiz. That is rare. Not medium rare. No, I did not kick up a fuss. I find that I am now OK with a rare steak. But I do have reservations about a rare steak at a restaurant.


The edge of the steak contained gristle but other than that the steak was very tender. However I suspect the oil used to cook the steak was not fresh. It had a smell.


The Ship cannot claim that they serve the "Best Steaks in Town". Not anymore anyway. Sorry guys. I doubt if I will be back. 

17 comments:

  1. The steak does look good. Never tried the Ship. So far, the only old school one I had was at the Coliseum with all the Ah Pek waiters dressed in white waiting to strangle you with their bibs. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, from the looks you would think this was a sensational meal. Pity it wasn't >.<

      Delete
  2. i have never been to the ship....too 'old school' for me...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No need to go lah. There are other places that serve better steak.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, another disappointment~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess no need to go there anymore. Marie steak is the best steak in town now or PH own home cooked steak is the best steak in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother told me about Maria Steakhouse and one day I would like to go there and try.

      Delete
  5. Can't say I'm shocked to see that amount of dressing on your salad (I usually scrape it away when it arrives). These old-school steakhouses tend to drown salads in sauce. Yes, I do remember servers bringing the salad dressings for you to choose (not sure if that was in TS but VS definitely). At least then, we could tell them to stop. Anyway, I've long given up on The Ship already. VS standard has also dropped but at least still way better than TS. Steak with gristle and rancid oil taste is terrible...and not cooked to your doneness some more. It's time to give up on TS...lol! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to think of it, I used to love lots of dressing. LOL! Yup, no more The Ship for me!

      Delete
  6. I don't like if my latte or any of my coffee taste diluted. I had come across my cappuccino was served in a paper cup when I dined in a restaurant, at least this is not happening in The Ship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also craving for it after looking at yours. Sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete