Thursday 9 March 2023

Eating Out Again

It can't be helped lah. Sometimes I have to resort to eating out even though I try to bring food from home.

Food choices are limited but since I am not too fussy/strict on my way of eating, I can accept veggies in my meals (and even a small amount of carbs that sneak in).

So I went to one of my favorite places, Rice & Pot Empire.


This one is very tempting but I cannot eat. Not at the moment (because rice, since I already exceeded my carb quota for the month hah..hah...).


If there is anything I dislike, it is tea + milk.


My default order is always the Ultimate Pork Indulgence. I have a preference for the tomato broth due to the tangy savory flavor. 


As usual, I take out the meat for them to cool.


There is also pork belly slices and minced pork in the broth.


I also like the deep fried pork patty. Well, that was a good meal but I don't feel as full as I used to. Maybe there is less meat in their servings now? 


On my way to run errands I spotted this recently opened Yitcha KawKaw Kopitiam.


The pastry display at the front does look very enticing.


I saw many people making a beeline for it.


One day I might give it a try.


These are my two freeloading housemates. The only reason they are at home is because it was raining outside.  

16 comments:

  1. sometimes can avoid not eating out due to time constraint..and it is a good mental therapy to enjoy good food in the shop. Lovely cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RM23.80 for Thai pork knuckle rice is quite expensive. :( The congratulation flowers looked so sad, all wilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those flowers were sent days earlier, that's why wilted.

      Delete
  3. I think you don't feel as full coz rice is missing! ;) Oh, I didn't know that you can now offer congratulatory flowers stuck on a place card itself nowadays....how convenient and creative. P/S: It's good to be your freeloading housemates...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the pork soup without rice many times prior and was stuffed! Yeah, the flowers stuck on the card is nice. I love my housemates and that's why they get away with freeloading. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Those florists sure enjoy good business on occasions such as this. I like how they are mostly natural flowers - here, they will use those fake ones, so no-class-at-all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, fake flowers won't do for me >.<

      Delete
  5. Thai milk tea is way too sweet for me. Tomato broth is nice and appetizing to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had milk tea once at a Thai restaurant as part of the set meal. After one sip, I just left it.

      Delete
  6. I like tomato soup too, besides meat, I must have some greens to go along. Less rice for me too, two tablespoons will be enough to last through a meal. Like you, I don't like milk tea, in fact anything with milk, I give it a pass... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I simply don't like milk hah...hah...

      Delete
  7. Both your girls look so relax. Nice! πŸ‘ I need to search whether have I ordered delivery from rice and pot empire. So forgetful nowadays. Cakes and pastry I like. If I don't control myself eating cakes and pastries I would be 80 kg now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't remember you blogging about Rice & Pot empire, so maybe you haven't.

      Delete
    2. I checked and it seems I did order delivery from there! Hahahaha, what a bad memory I have.

      Delete