Sunday 12 March 2023

Meat and Some Veggies

Sundays seem to be the day that I add veggies to my meals. I have always loved veggies and I don't think veggies have any detrimental effects on me, though I know some people do.

One of the veggies that I love is brussels sprouts.


It is very pricey and it is not a veggie that I consume regularly. Since it is a low carb veggie, I can enjoy brussels sprout whenever I feel like it.

As usual, I cooked some fatty beef trimmings in the air fryer and tossed the brussels sprout with the rendered fat. Then I air fried the brussels sprout until they were tender and nicely browned.

I also added some button mushrooms. Now I know how to cook mushrooms properly.


I cut the mushrooms into quarters and throw them into the pan with some chopped garlic. I used the rendered fats from a steak to cook the mushrooms over medium heat.


You will see moisture coming out of the mushrooms. Keep stirring and increase the flame.


Cook until the mushrooms are wilted and all the moisture has evaporated.


I had a small wedge of pineapple in the fridge, leftover from making water kefir. 


I thought of kerabu and I made some kind of dressing with just lime juice and a bit of Thai chili sauce (I forgot to add fish sauce).
Then just for decoration I added some daun pegaga from the garden.


It wasn't that nice because it was missing all the other components of a regular kerabu like mint leaves, daun kesom, cucumbers etc.

And then there was last week's meat salad which I shared last week.


Next time if I could add some prawns it would be very nice.


I simply love the aroma and taste of roasted capsicums and they also add some lovely colors.


Ah, how about some broccoli next week? Yes, roasted broccoli would be very tasty!

16 comments:

  1. Not a fan of brussels but I do love buttons. I guess I am never a veg person - I eat fruits a lot instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the opposite, not a fan of fruits.

      Delete
  2. I love to eat brussel sprouts too. Love your home made vege dishes. You may think the taste is still lacking but to me, they would taste great πŸ‘πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that you love brussels sprout too!

      Delete
  3. I love brussels sprout and yes it is pricey, I hardly buy it. it is nice to use the daun pegaga to garnish the dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daun pegaga is so decorative and so convenient I have them in my garden!

      Delete
  4. Super glad to see veggies featuring more regularly in your carnivore diet. The first time I had brussels sprouts was a long time ago in a Chinese tai chow place and it was simply stir-fried. The texture was a bit too hard and it also tasted green. Since then I've not eaten them again. Perhaps I should give them a second go by roasting it like you. Any vegetable that's roasted is good in my books! Recently I cooked broccoli a different way (not roasted) and it turned out pretty good and it's now my son's favourite veggie dish. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that's whay they call choi tam and I was crazy over it! Perhaps the one you had was not well executed. I am waiting with bated breath waiting for you to blog about your broccoli hee..hee...

      Delete
  5. your home made dishes got 'standard' lah.....presentation wise already so nice and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rarely buy Brussel sprout as you said, not cheap!! I think everything in moderation is the key to health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not really a fan of brussel sprout because I don't like the bitter hint of the veggie :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see! Next time I will stir fry it for something different.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree with Choi Yen. When I mentioned this green taste, I also meant the bitter hint that I detected too. I guess when it's not stir-fried well, this is the taste we get.

      Delete
    3. I don't remember it tasting bitter when I had it at the restaurants and I have had it many times.

      Delete