Wednesday 8 March 2023

Carbo Wabo

This was last month's (major) carb bash hah..hah... Oh dear!

I find that as long as I don't consume carbohydrates for a few days in a row, I am fine. I will admit that I still enjoy carbs although I don't experience cravings/triggers like I used to. 

It was my 2MAD day and I was hungry. I needed to eat something substantial and what better to eat than Red Kettle's Really Big Breakfast.

It was past 2:00pm when I visited and although the restaurant was busy, I managed to get a table.


I had a Flat White. What is the difference between a Latte and Flat White? They taste the same to me. Apparently, this is the difference.


Wooolala.... What is the most exciting item on the board?

This.


This is what is called "loti chien kay nui" (in Hokkien : bread fried in eggs) at home when I was a kid. We used to sprinkle sugar on French Toast.


This time I was served honey and the server informed me that this is for the French Toast.


As usual, I separate the carbs and eat the proteins and veggies first (to avoid sharp insulin spike). 


I ate the French Toast last, as my dessert. Yes, I did drizzle the honey. Haiz! I am happy to report that I did not experience any carb crash and remained alert and clear headed after this meal.

You might have noticed from my earlier posts that the French Toast is made with different types of bread.

This was another Really Big Breakfast in the past with a latte.


Everything is the same except for the bread used for the French Toast.


It is good to be metabolically versatile. I do much better with proteins and fat but I am able to enjoy carbs from time to time.

This is my favorite Van Halen song Cabo Wabo though it has nothing to do with carbs hah...hah...

12 comments:

  1. Wah, that is a lot of loti chien kay nui, lolx! I think I would enjoy eating that loti. I read the article you linked here but I still don't know the difference between latte and flat white after reading it. Lolx! So id the answer - they are the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Whatever the difference, I just sapu!

      Delete
  2. Eventhough I had my lunch, I feel hungry again after seeing the carbo pictures you posted..and the coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee! That platter looks gorgeous! Love your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? I cleaned out the whole board. LOL!

      Delete
  4. i didn't know French toast got such a name....lol....At home we just call it French toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's what we call it in Hokkien.

      Delete
  5. I long time never had big breakfast in a restaurant because I think it's rather easy to prepare at home since most of the items are ready food which can easily get. And the price is getting more and more expensive.... >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true but I can only do it during weekends at home. But lazy also lah. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Oh, but the French Toasts outside taste quite different from our loti with egg at home coz they use milk in the egg (and possibly cinnamon or nutmeg is involved) before frying it in lots of butter! And then there's the good quality maple syrup....ooolala. Much yummier than homemade....hah..hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... Ya, my mum never used milk or anything else in the eggs. Eh, you try lah make with milk/cinnamon at home and blog about it hee..hee...

      Delete