Friday 10 March 2023

Eh, Got Cake

I found myself at Nando's@The Starling. Again. Adoi! hee..hee..hee... 

Again it was my 2MAD day with a skip day (meaning I don't eat at all) the following day. This is my second week on Level 2 of the 90 Day Feasting and Fasting protocol.

Once seated, I scanned the QR code and as I selected my meal, I noted that they no longer have the Pineapple Peri Peri Sauce. No matter because the sauce did not make any impression on me (because they gave so little of it. Sikit pun tak rase).

After a short time, this came to my table and the table next to mine.


Eh? I didn't order this. The leng lui at the next table also expressed surprise. This is for International Women's Day, the server explained. Oh! Thank you very much!


I ordered half chicken because quite frankly 1/4 chicken is not enough for this auntie.


This time, instead of chargrilled vegetable, I got me the Caesar Salad and Coleslaw (much to my regret).


The Caesar Salad dressing was very cheesy. Ugh! I mean, I know Caesar dressing is made from parmesan cheese (my enemy) and anchovies but I have had very good tasting Caesar dressing elsewhere (at Hilton PJ). That one was made with fresh ingredients while Nando's uses the convenient bottled variety.

The coleslaw was very bland. Rase tawar jer. So.


I added Garlic Peri Peri Sauce to make it taste better. It worked.


Just because I ordered this flavor .....


.... I was labelled "Not so brave". 


At least they were more generous with this sauce compared with the (precious) Pineapple Peri Peri Sauce. The chicken was as smoky good as ever although the breast portion was a little dry. The leg - very tender and juicy.

After I finished my meal (before I sapu the cake), I glanced at the table next to me (after the leng lui left).


Super kepoh this auntie.


The leng lui didn't finish her cake. Why, ah? Not nice, ah? A server came over to clear the table and he asked me if the diner already left. So I said, yes.

I am not supposed to eat cake but then, aiyah, rezeki jangan ditolak, betul tak? Besides it won't be nice to reject the cake tsk..tsk..tsk...


Not bad, this cake. It was fresh, moist and not terribly sweet. My first cake in 11 months. It did not get me all excited and after I was done, I forgot all about the cake. Out of sight, out of mind. In the past, you can be sure that I would have gone to Madeleine to get another one. 


Back in 2019, I registered for Nando's loyalty program but never claimed any of the goodies and those past rewards sudah expired.

I guess this time I will go claim my reward when I qualify.

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise!! Good gesture on their part to serve cake to every ladies. Oh they have loyalty reward program?? Didn't know that. Not that I patronise Nando that frequent over here. But somehow miss its chicken
    One of these days must go back to check out their menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very pleasant surprise and the cake was good.

      Delete
  2. Wah, so nice got free cake. Definitely need half a chicken because if order quarter chicken they cannot guarantee to give you the thigh portion even when you requested for thigh so better order half to make sure got thigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that we can request for two thighs. I don't mind paying a bit extra for that. LOL!

      Delete
    2. U can order one whole chicken to get two thighs. The upper portions you can shred it to make chicken omelette.

      Delete
    3. Then I will be stuck with two breast portion which I don't like.

      Delete
  3. That lady could have let the waiter knows that she doesn't want the cake so that the cake can be served to other lady customer instead of wasting it..looking at the chicken, I will want to try Nando's in my next eat-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing either she did not like the cake or she was too full ti finish it.

      Delete
  4. hmmmm...the cake is wasted....I guess that lady must be too full after finishing the meal. They should have give something that can be taken away....perhaps 'cake in the box'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...red velvet, I like! I have barbecued chicken wings in my blog post today but your chicken wins hands down. Looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have a preferred a chocolate cake. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Eh, Nando's again....I thought you had enough already based on your last post...kekeke! ;) I'm not sure how much of the sauce you want to taste but that pineapple peri-peri made the flavour of the chicken so much tastier than their other peri-peri sauces. P/S: If I got such a plain looking red velvet cake, I also wouldn't be very excited...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I would have liked if they with basted as much as they did with the lemon herb sauce. If you ask me, I would have preferred chocolate cake hee..hee..

      Delete
  7. The free Women's Day cake looks yummy. I have only been to Nando's once if I can remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was good and to be honest I did not expect to like it.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I went to tried the Pineapple Peri Peri Chicken as I commented and was slapped with disappointment like you. Stingy on the sauce basted on the chicken and the pineapple flavour was almost non existence. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you experienced the same thing! That's why lah, better don't offer the sauce if customer can hardly taste it >.<

      Delete