Tuesday 14 March 2023

Breaking a 39 Hour Fast

Before I get into the main topic, let me show you some new developments at The Starling.

I tell you, ah, the Uptown Datuk should pay me some fees for doing these updates wahahaha!!!


This outlet, Mixue, recently opened and as usual, anything new gets the crowd excited. I saw a long queue and I had to find out what this is all about.


So I went at a quiet time.


It looks like this place is all about Milk Tea, Ice Cream and Fruit Tea. The only thing I might be interested in is ice cream. 


I took a snapshot of the menu in case anyone is interested.


I am not against these drinks or anything like that but you all should know that too much sugar and artificial/processed ingredients are not good for your health. From time to time, not every time is all right. It is the dose that makes the poison.


Elsewhere at the mall, there is Tealive, another tea/milk tea place.


This is more up my alley, Zus Coffee, though I have yet to try their coffee. Maybe one day I shall.


Mitsuyado Seimen is still going strong and my last visit was in 2018.


Mr Tuk Tuk is also going strong and is among the more popular restaurants at the mall. 


Another Thai restaurant is opening soon.


This morning Girl came home and I noticed something.


What the ....


Girl, who did that to you????


I bet it was the same people that did this to Belle Belle.


So I had to remove the offending thing that came from a used mask. Damn geli! Morons!


So anyway, I cooked a pork chop early this morning to break my fast at the office.


I finished my last meal on Sunday at 5:00pm (no food at all on Monday) and broke my fast at 8:00am today. That makes it a 39 hour fast (original plan was either 32 or 42 hours).


It was a very good meal. The oink oink was tender and juicy. I will have dinner when I get home and tomorrow I fast again.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you to fast while still working full day on Monday in the office. I was in uptown on Sunday and tried the Shen Niu beef soup which is tasty. I like the spices in the soup, although salty but I was not thirsty so I guess they didn't use any MSG. Thanks for the update on Starling Mall. Too many people on Sunday so I didn't notice this new stall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hunger comes and goes and somehow I made it.

      Delete
  2. Those people who tie used masks and used masks strings on Belle Belle and Girl are truly unspeakable evil people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh...which idiots did that to Girl and Belle?!? must be some naughty kids in the neighbourhood! You can fast for so long while working in the office...i salute u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed the fast last year and retry this year. It is quite challenging and I am glad I could do it.

      Delete
  4. tealive! We have that franchise here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are everywhere. In fact there was one located at a shophouse in the vicinity which has since closed.

      Delete
  5. A 39-hour fast? I salute you! Kalau I, I pengsan already! :D Those who did that to Girl & Belle Belle are idiots, morons and evil...the same type of people who would snatch away a well-looked after cat! Obviously your girls are very friendly (like my Gone Girl), that's why they can go near her but be careful that this doesn't go one step further where they gasak her for their own (that's the peril of allowing our cats roam freely). A Malay neighbour of mine locks up their 2 cats 24/7. When I look at the cats, I do pity them for not having the opportunity to roam free but then I guess that's the only way of keeping them safe from morons. >.<

    Like you, any bubble tea with pearls/boba is not my cup of tea coz of the insane amount of sugar that's in it. P/S: Yes, they should pay you to be the ambassador of The Starling...kekeke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! It was quite a challenge. I know, terrible people! I can't bring myself to confine my girls in the house, they need to go out and have a normal life. I think they would be terribly miserable locked up at home. But there's the risk and I hope that nothing bad ever happens to them. I would be terribly heart broken. LOL! - the ambassador of The Starling. They probably prefer a sweet young thing kih...kih...kih...

      Delete
  6. Price are surprisingly very cheap for bubble tea and others at Mixue! What is the fun that people get to do such silly thing to a cat? =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it? I am not familiar with prices for these things. Yes, those people are really sick!

      Delete