Monday 6 March 2023

Meat Salad

Last Sunday I was feeling creative. Well, I was pretty much inspired by the chargrilled vegetables that I had at Nando's recently.

On my grocery run, I got all my ingredients.

The most important - meat.


I am suddenly loving chicken again. So I bought Aqina Pineapple Chicken Chop. They were seasoned with melted butter, Montreal Chicken Seasoning and light soy sauce.


Aren't these beauties? Done in only 15 minutes at 200C in the air fryer.


There was another protein.


This one needs no introduction. My favorite fatty beef trimmings. Noms!


Button mushrooms. I paid so much for so little >.<


And then there were the roasted capsicum which I didn't snap the photo (with my phone). I actually snapped the photo of the capsicum (and the rest of the ingredients) using my DSLR but I was too lazy to download and edit the photos. Because I wanted to spend time watching Seinfeld on Netflix.

Now, who likes Seinfeld? I love Seinfeld (so does my brother)! That show aired in the 1990s but I never got to watch the full series. It's very funny and my favorite character is Kramer. He always cracks me up.

So anyway. Back to my salad.


Adoi. So much work lah preparing all the various components of the salad.

In the end, this was what I got.


Drizzled with rendered beef fat and what was left of  my Lingham Chili sauce. I ate lunch while watching a horror movie Come Play. This movie might be scary for kids but it did have its moments.

After that I switched to Seinfeld for a few hours of good laugh. As they say, laughter is the best medicine.


Incidentally, I went to Nando's again today. Not because I am so crazy about it but rather it is the best place for protein and low carb veggies.


My my, someone loves chargrilled veggies hee..hee...


It does look like I got a more generous basting of Pineapple Peri Peri Sauce but still, I could hardly taste it. It was so mild (and slightly spicy). Something must be wrong with my tastebuds.


So I enlisted reinforcements in the form of this Garlic Peri Peri Sauce. I couldn't taste the garlic, just tangy and spicy. Haiz!


That's enough Nando's for now until next time.

16 comments:

  1. That looks good! Love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. make me feel like having Nando's...will be there on a good fine day when I am lazy to cook..my family love all the meaty protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Go and have a great meal with your family.

      Delete
  3. I love to eat chargrilled vegetables too. Your homecooked meal looks tasty as usual and you are so diligent to cook all those vegetables. I have only watched a few episodes of Seinfeld. Can't remember much of it cos I got it mixed up with everybody loves Raymond. Lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I also love Everybody Loves Raymond. It is hilarious :D

      Delete
  4. Wah, I love your meat salad...minus the fatty beef trimmings lah! ;) This meat salad of yours, I approve 100%...hah..hah! ;) I see someone loves chargrilled vegetables indeed...enough to order the same for her 2 sides (now why didn't I think of that). What part of the chicken is that? It does not look like the leg, neither does it look like the wing....deformed chicken leg? Lol. It's also strange that this Nando's branch use "fruity lil' fire" instead of "pineapple peri-peri" as their toothpick flag. P/S: I've noticed that you always use your own metal rack in the air fryer...doesn't the air fryer come with a rack? Btw, what's the litre size of your Philips air fryer...or what size do you think is the most appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! That chicken is chicken chop. Very tiny. Haiz!

      The air fryer sadly did not come with a rack. Mine is 7.3L and can accommodate one whole chicken (though I haven't tried that) or 3-4 chicken legs depending on the size. Buy this size if you want to cook more food or else a smaller one would suffice.

      The one I bought : https://shopee.com.my/PHILIPS-7.3L-Air-Fryer-XXL-Smart-Sensing-HD9860-91-HD9860-Smart-Sensing-Rapid-Air-Quick-Clean-basket-NutriU-app-i.175347531.6157408338

      I paid RM1,399 for it back in December 2021.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info (good price you got yours...it's now closer to RM1.6k). Eh, how come no rack? I would think most air fryers should have a rack, otherwise how to drain away the oil that comes out during cooking? >.< The promo videos and buyers' photos also show a rack. Oh dear, could you have possibly not unpacked everything that was in the box? Or they forgot to pack it. If the box is still around, you can check. ^_~

      Delete
    3. When I unpacked, I did not see any rack and I assume don't have. Haiz! Actually it does not need rack because the oil drains out from the bottom of the basket. The reason I put in my own rack is because I lined the bottom of the basket for easy clean up.

      Delete
  5. This is the kind of salad I like. Mix of green with meat (protein). Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.....ur meat salad is so much better than Nandos! i want a plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how's your mushroom looked like after being cooked, so dry & well charred! I must go to try the pineapple peri peri chicken this weekend, hopefully it is still available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday when I visited, no more pineapple peri peri already >,<

      Delete