Monday 9 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #8 (Lots of Fat)

Sunday as usual is grocery run day and wow! there was such a crowd at Aeon. The Chinese New Year shopping has begun in earnest!

Kind of reminded me of the pandemic days when people rushed out to do their shopping prior to the lockdown, though not as bad.  

As usual, I went straight to the meat section to look for my favorite beef trimmings.


I now prefer the beef trimmings from Aeon rather than the ones from Jaya Grocer.


Simply because the ones from Jaya Grocer are too lean. I guess the staff were instructed to discard the fats because generally speaking, most people avoid animal fats and will not purchase meat that is too fatty.


When I got home, I air fried the beef trimmings. I also fried some eggs. My eggs were two whole eggs plus three egg yolks (one of the yolks broke). In the carnivore space, people value the yolks more than the whites. 

There are even people who consume only the yolks and discard the whites (quite the opposite of what people do conventionally). Egg yolks are more nutritious than egg whites.


I seriously love eggs and I don't get tired of them. I get very irritated when I hear people saying that you should not eat egg yolks or things like you can eat as many eggs as you like but limit to only two yolks. Ridiculous!


So please, enjoy your eggs, yolks and all.


As for dinner, I ate the same thing but without eggs.

I can't take a nice photo of my dinner, so I will show an archive photo of beef trimmings that I cooked on new year day.


I cooked extra so that I can have leftovers to bring to work the next day. Although I will be eating my lunch cold, I am OK with that.

10 comments:

  1. I am also ok with eating savoury food cold and find them to be tasty. Today I will do the grocery run and I will make it a point to look at the beef trimmings. I guess leaner beef trimmings are for people like me who prefer leaner meat. I also love to eat eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I had cold beef trimmings for lunch and it still tastes very good.

      Delete
  2. You fried FOUR/FIVE eggs at one go!!! Gee! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 2 eggs plus the yolks of another 3 eggs. I am getting pretty good at it hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. i like eggs too and will eat the yolks regardless of all those remarks that it is high cholesterol..blah blah....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my egg too, white and yolk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not fussy about eggs because I will eat the yolks and the whites. Will the air-fried beef trimmings be chewy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it is chewy because those are from the tendon. The rest are not.

      Delete