Thursday 12 January 2023

Dong Dong Chiang! Chao Hotpot The Starling Opens With A Bang


I was making my way into The Starling when my eardrums were assailed by very loud drum beats. The type that can make your innards vibrate. 

DONG DONG CHIANG!  DONG DONG CHIANG!! DONG DONG CHIANG!!!


Meanwhile these two jokers whizzed past me.


They were in a hurry all right, probably late for the gig.


It was Chao Hotpot's grand opening.


The lion dance crew were waiting for their cue.


Do you see the God of Prosperity?


And now two lions - one blue and the other orange.


The God of Prosperity looked rather comical.


This is him up close and personal.


They were having a ball.


This is the third lion.


Do you see the guy on the right preparing yee sang?


The clanging of the drums were really loud. 


There, the four lions frolicking together.


I can't help thinking of Girl and Belle Belle when I looked at those two orange lions. They like to huddle up together like that.


I wonder how much the troupe charge for a gig like this.


This one came up quite close to me and I could see the guy inside through the lion's mouth hee..hee...


Ok, sau tong, sau tong!


My level of my kepoh-ness know no bounds.


I went to snap photo of the yee sang. Who is going to eat that?


The show is over and I wish Chao Hotpot all the best! I hope they get very good business during the Chinese New Year

15 comments:

  1. Another hotpot place! So many, even here in our little town. Not a fan as they can be very expensive and what they give you may not be value for money - mostly cheap frozen supermarket stuff and the prawns so small, it is not worth the trouble of peeling any to eat! Saw the news report about the hotpot somewhere exploding and ome people got injured, can't remember where now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are!!! In Cheras!
      https://www.therakyatpost.com/bimber-xsport/2023/01/11/watch-family-suffers-burn-injuries-after-hotpot-in-cheras-restaurant-explodes/

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, that was horrible! There was another case where someone found a dirty wash cloth in the hotpot!

      Delete
  2. Good luck to stumble upon a lion dance. πŸ‘ Thanks for the photos. Very meriah. I think you can eat hotpot, just order all meat and throw into the pot to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ideal but hotpot I can't go there alone.

      Delete
  3. I too will be interested to stay, watch and snap photos. We have many hotpot places here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be everywhere. Outside the mall there are also a few in the vicinity.

      Delete
  4. The God sure is comical. And big head too!! Lol.

    So you watched the whole lion dance show till the end?? Not bad, really up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder who did the design LOL! I watched halfway then went to buy some things and when I came back it was still on, so I stayed.

      Delete
  5. I like lion dance performance since I was a kid and looking forward to watch as much as I can this coming CNY, especially those acrobatic one, exciting! A very cool Choy San Yeh with sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Choy San Yeh was very chill LOL! I also like to watch those acrobatic ones and I really salute the performers for their skill and timing.

      Delete
  6. That yee sang is for the God (of Prosperity) and lions?...not for humans.....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Maybe the restaurant staff will sapu. LOL!

      Delete