Thursday 5 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #0 (Lamb Shoulder)

Back track a bit ya. We go back to day #0 (new year eve) and day #2 (again) of the challenge.

On new year eve I took out this packet of lamb shoulder (defrosted in the fridge the night before).


I bought this from Feast Market.


I have not been buying anything from Feast Market lately simply because my standalone freezer quit on me hah..hah.. Not buying a replacement yet, save some money first.


There were 5 pieces of lamb shoulder and I cooked all of them in the air fryer. I can only fit two pieces at any one time. I ate three pieces for lunch and kept two for dinner.


These two pieces were for dinner and the fat solidified. Saturated fats are solid while unsaturated fats (vegetable/seed oils) are liquid at room temperature. That's because of the difference between the structural bond of the fatty acids, I won't go into that lah


I also added some chicken feet soup. Ignore the bits of celery which escaped when I strained the broth.


So that was new year eve dinner. I know it looked terribly unattractive (maybe yucky even).


On 02-01-2023, I made air fryer eggs. This is pretty much like baked eggs. 


I overcooked the eggs.


Then I made air fryer bacon. Just lay out the bacon in a single layer.


Air fry at 180C for 5 minutes.


Then flip the bacon.


Continue to cook at 180C for another 5 minutes.


This is how is looks like.


The level of crispy was good enough for me and I did not go any further as I don't want to burn the bacon.


That was a nice lunch!

10 comments:

  1. I can imagine that your food tastes great for a all meat food plan. Is it difficult to clean the air fryer? Does it need to be cleaned after every time you cooked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The air fryer basket is easy to clean. I use hot water to loosen the grease and then use dish washing liquid to clean. Yes, I clean it every time after I cook. The difficult part is the heating element and upper part of the air fryer - very difficult to reach the tight spaces to clean out the oil splatter.

      Delete
  2. I like lamb shoulder. Grilled. Yum yum. The fatty part makes it so good. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...yes, I love the fatty parts.

      Delete
  3. We can get Pure South products here too, the grass fed lamb or beef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bacon with egg would be superbly tasty! i wish i can eat like that....LOL! *my mom would scream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ya, your mom thinks it is highly unhealthy. Most moms would hah...hah...

      Delete
  5. Did you have the solidified fat too? =.="

    ReplyDelete