Wednesday 4 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #3 (Ipoh Chicken Rice, Damansara Uptown)

Yesterday I tapau lunch from a food truck. A chicken rice food truck to be precise.


I passed by AA Pharmacy the other day when I spotted this Ipoh Chicken Rice food truck. Ah! Ipoh - the magic word.


A leng lui and leng chai were waiting for their orders.


Meanwhile this kepoh auntie went to inspect the menu. Not bad, eh.


They serve noodles - Ipoh Hor Fun (soup/dry), Hong Kong Style Wonton Noodle and Poached/Roast Chicken Noodle.


Of course there is Chicken Rice where you can choose your preferred chicken parts.


Then there is more noodles - Hor Fun with your choice of chicken parts.


And then there is the chicken/duck only which is very ngam for me. They also have side dishes - Ipoh beansprouts, lettuce, spicy & sour vegetables, braised egg and braised tofu.


There are also these consignment goods and on that day it was some kueh and curry puffs.

When I visited yesterday, there were a few people ahead of me.


Then came this uncle and auntie's turn. I was next.


The guy was manning the truck alone. Apparently his assistant was looking for parking (good luck, parking here is horrible!). So he was a bit kelam kabut taking orders, preparing the food and collecting payments. e-wallet is accepted (Touch n Go) and you have to scan from his phone.


The consignment goods that day was bottled herbal drinks (loh hon kor I think). 


Unfortunately this food truck is pork free, so very the sorry, no siew yoke for me.


I packed 1/4 roasted chicken (lower quarter) and 1/4 roasted duck (upper quarter) - no sauce, no chili sauce. That was my lunch. Obviously it is very expensive to eat out for a carnivore, so I must bring my own lunch to work (or do OMAD).


This was my dinner, beef trimmings from Jaya Grocer.


I am posting my meals with a one day time lag because I can't do it real time unless on weekends or on days when I am at home.

13 comments:

  1. Now you've got me craving for roast chicken & duck! I think I'll order those (whole) for Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be perfect for Chinese New Year!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, this lunch must have caused you around RM50! *jaw drop* The carnivore diet is a very expensive diet to be on (both eating out and in)...only for those who can afford it! Did the chicken and duck meet your expectations?
    The skin of the roast duck looks quite different from the usual ones (a lot more charring at some parts)...looks tasty. Ipoh hor fun is best eaten in a shop with the soup arriving piping hot...tapau not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RM44.00 haiz! LOL! I would say the chicken and duck could be better. I agree - those noodles are best eaten piping hot in a shop.

      Delete
  3. It's my first time come across food truck that selling Ipoh bean sprouts chicken. The price seem almost the same with Kopitiam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL the carnivore diet is very expensive for me....i can only eat pauper's food. Your container of chicken + duck can feed my whole family...heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have to bring my own food lah, cannot afford like this all the time.

      Delete
  5. I will be ordering roast duck for CNY eve dinner. The whole family loves roast duck. One whole duck from the restaurant will cost RM78, not sure whether it is just for the CNY or will remain same after the CNY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, roast duck for CNY is perfect! My whole family loves duck.

      Delete
  6. Your quarter lower chicken is rm22 so how much for the upper quarter duck? I couldn't find it in the menu. Prices will be going up again just before CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! If you are looking for the most delicious and flavorful food made with natural ingredients on wheels, visit Meat Mechanics, a Food Truck Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete