Saturday 14 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #12 & #13 (Colorful Leaves)

I was walking to the bank when I spotted some pretty plants outside a coffee shop. I have seen such colorful plants on Nancy's blog.


This one with tiny flowers I believe is the Crown of Thorns plant. Nancy, if you are reading this, please correct me if I am wrong.


My mum loves these types of plants with variegated leaves.


They are indeed very pretty.


At The Starling, I saw these cute soft toys. They were so soft and plush. I very like! 


Adoi. Cannot buy lah. So I walked away.


At home (early morning before I left for work) Girl was sitting pretty on the armchair.


Girl, you always look very pompous.


For dinner on day #13, it was pork soup. The way I do my soup is a very lazy way. I scoop bone broth into the bowl and then I topped with marinated pork slices.

Then I steamed the whole lot for 25 minutes.


Ten minutes before time, I poured in two eggs.


Mmmmm....I love the egg yolks!

I discovered that I have a few more packets of salmon bones in the freezer, so I better finish them soon.


Into the oven at 200C for 30 minutes for the extra crispy bones.


Girl was in the house when I made these so she was super excited.


And yes, I shared a little bit with her. These were so good!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, Nancy sure has green fingers! So envious to see her endless supply of vegetables!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love her garden and her abundant harvest!

      Delete
  2. Your Ah Girl must love it when you cook salmon bones. Haha. I see that same colourful leaves plant in Nancy's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Girl is always very excited when I cook. She expects to get eat some LOL!

      Delete
  3. Yes, you are right. The 2nd plant is the thornless version of the Crown of Thorns. Girl is happy to get a good salmon treat. I haven't seen Belle recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for confirming, Nancy! I once had a pot of the thorn variety but sadly the plant died.

      Delete
  4. Lucky Girl! Get to eat a bit of salmon! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your furkids will treat them as new friend if you bought that cat soft toy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I really wanted to buy but it is too expensive.

      Delete