Saturday 7 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #5 (Do I Miss Coffee??)

On Thursday I had some errands to run and after depositing a few cheques at the bank, I made my way back to the office.


I spotted this soon to open new coffee shop called Yitcha Kaw Kaw Kopitiam


Damansara Uptown folks will have something to look forward to.


Then I walked past this nice looking cafe and apparently it is Hartton Kitchen, relocated to this new location.

Back at the office, I decided to eat lunch.


I air fried beef trimmings in the morning and stored them in this thermos to keep warm.


Because there is no liquids (such as hot soup) at best the meat will keep warm for up to 2 hours tops. For soups, it will keep warm much longer, up to 6-8 hours.


By the time I ate my meal, it was lukewarm. 


Some months ago I bought a cup of iced Americano from this little cafe which opened next to a watch shop.


I often see the watch shop uncle chatting up the coffee girls next door (nope, he didn't by any coffee hee..hee..).


I bought a cup of iced Americano (this was two months ago punya story) to support the shop. The coffee was not bad but nowhere near as good as the ones served at Red Kettle or The Good Batch

So do I miss coffee? It has been 7 days already today with no coffee and honestly, no, strangely I don't miss or crave it. So I can conclude that I am not addicted to coffee but rather, coffee is a habit.

The headaches I experienced from coffee withdrawal went away on day #3 and the depression/anxiety was resolved on day #5. I woke up feeling perky, clear headed and happy to start the day.

Will I drink coffee again? Why not? I never had any issues with coffee and cutting it out this month is just for the experience to see how I feel during and after the coffee withdrawal symptoms subside.


Dinner was four eggs scrambled with butter. It was so good!

4 comments:

  1. Do people still use cheques? I have a current account and a cheque book with just one leaf left. I was told that they will not issue me a new cheque book anymore - everything must be done online. Sighhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, companies are still using cheques. I don't know about individual accounts. I am also using online banking for my personal and company account.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update on shops in uptown. Good to hear that you are all ok without drinking coffee. I don't have a habit of drinking coffee. I will just take a few sips from my spouse's cup if he is drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good then, I always hear negative things about coffee. But I am of the opinion that as long as we don't drink too much (say more than 3 cups per day) it is all right.

      Delete