Friday 20 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #19 and #20 (Chinese New Year at The Starling)

The Chinese New Year decorations at The Starling are recycled repurposed from Christmas.


Does this look familiar?


And then, the Fleuriste (florist) .....


... has been converted into.... 


... Prosperous Tea Room.


The basikal burok was also repurposed.


But it looked much prettier for Christmas.


Well, there is a lot of snacks and goodies being sold at the Chinese New Year bazaar.


I would have bought those in the past to munch, munch, munch.


There are also loads of hampers. 


And also a tea shop.


I remember my auntie used to like going to a tea shop in Klang.


I am not into these type of high end varieties of tea. To me tea is tea. I know. I am a simpleton.


Today, I ate fried duck eggs and air fried fatty beef trimmings.


This time I added curry powder in addition to garlic and curry leaves. It was really good!


This was yesterday's breakfast - four deformed eggs (it was difficult to peel and I just hentam) and two leftover sausages. For dinner I had pork burgers and I didn't border to take a photo.


Today's dinner will be the same as lunch except that the eggs are hard boiled.


Let's see what I eat tomorrow. It will be something different.

10 comments:

  1. I did not go around town to see the decorations but there are lanterns everywhere all over the town centre and of course, at every house here - Sibu is a predominantly Chinese town. Now I've to brace myself for the 3rd World War at midnight New Year's Eve. So many have not come back for years...and now they are home with a vengeance. The town centre is jam-packed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine the traffic! I have to make sure to keep my cats inside this evening as I anticipate firecrackers going on full blast at midnight!

      Delete
  2. Same over here. Most malls recycled their Christmas decor to CNY theme. Just less than a month apart.

    Look forward to what you would be having on CNY eve and reunion.

    Wish you Happy Chinese New Year in advance. Gong xi fa cai!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think most malls recycled their decors....wishing you a happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photos of the CNY decor. Happy CNY to you in advance! Are your parents in kl for CNY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy CNY to you too! My parents are celebrating in KT.

      Delete
  5. Haha, this year you can save money from not buying those snacks. :P

    ReplyDelete