Wednesday 18 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #17 (A Gift I Cannot Eat)

Yesterday I got a message that my client was sending me cookies. Aiyoyo!

So I waited for the delivery.


Wow! What a beautiful box!


Wah seh! Inside got 8 cannisters of cookies. This is epic!


Pistachio cookies. I love pistachios but I hardly bought those nuts because I end up with a whole bunch of shells.


Hazelnut Choc. A combination of nuts + chocolate is always a winner.


Macadamia. So luxurious! I would say that macadamia is my favorite nut because it is so rich and creamy (but so super expensive).


Earl Grey. I know this tea has a very pleasant aroma.


Matcha. Oh oh. I am not fond of matcha in cakes, desserts or cookies. I only like it as a drink.


Caramel Pecan. This sounds lovely but  I wonder if it is very sweet.


Almond. Can't go wrong with almond cookies.


Cranberry. Another favorite in cookies which brings to mind my own Cranberry Butter Cookies.

But alas, I cannot eat cookies. I mean I can but I choose not to. I am not even craving for a cookie or tempted by the gift.

Why? Why ? Why? you ask. You people are more frustrated at my refusal to eat cookies than I am (actually I am not).

Well, after abstaining from carbohydrates and sugary treats, I am feeling so good and so well (mentally and physically) that I willingly sacrifice the pleasure of enjoying cookies and similar treats. So please don't worry about me, go ahead and enjoy your cookies and Chinese New Year treats.


So my dear clients, eh, next time you all send over some ribeyes and tomahawks, can? hah...hah...hah.....


My lunch. Pretty much the same as the day before.


And for dinner I tried to make something like the Japanese oyakodon (without the don).


It was nice enough and very filling.

10 comments:

  1. I wonder who is the beneficiary of those cookies? Your lahling? ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This client must really like the work you do for them...and show their appreciation! ;) I'm not into matcha anything be it cakes, desserts, cookies....and drinks! Neither am I into cookies but if I had choose, the cranberry one will be my pick. Somehow I'm not into macadamia nuts either. P/S: I wonder who will be the lucky recipients of your cookies...lol! ;D Wishing you and your lahling (and families) abundant joy and happiness this CNY. I guess I don't have to wish you abundant health since you're feeling so good and well...mentally and physically....hehe! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I told my lahling that he can distribute the cookies when he returns to celebrate in Penang. I think he will be very popular hah...hah.... Many thanks for your advance greetings and I will wish you a bit later!

      Delete
  3. So will your partner be eating those cookies or are you redirecting the gift to your lucky friends or relatives? Yummy! I would eat them, hehehehehe. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner is gifting the cookies to members of his clan. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ooooo...I wish somebody would give me that! Love the carrier! You have my mailing address, don't you? Wink! Wink!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am afraid by the time the cookies reach you they will become cookie crumbs!

      Delete
  5. Wah! All my favourite nuts and cookies.

    ReplyDelete