Sunday 15 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #14 (My Flowers)

On Saturday, I continued with my Chinese New Year spring cleaning. Goodness me, there is so much to clean.

Dust is everywhere! I mean I clean my house (almost) every weekend but I cannot cover 100% of every nook and cranny. The floor and tabletops (and of course the toilets) are my main priority while the rest (like cupboards, curtains, fans and de-cluttering activities) are done once every few weeks/months.

One of my spring cleaning job is the garden. You know - weeding, pruning and cleaning the car porch and door grilles. 


The only flowering plants that I have are Hibiscus, Gardenia and Adenium. This flower bud is the pink Hibiscus although it looks more orangey.


This is what it looks like once bloomed. This Hibiscus plant I bought from a nursery at Sungai Buloh many many years ago. Hibiscus is a resilient plant and easy to maintain which explains why it survived all these years hah...hah...hah...


 I also have the red ones.


This one my dad brought all the way from Kuala Terengganu.


This was my lunch.


I had leftover salmon bones from the day before. And I found a piece of sirloin steak in my freezer.


It was the el cheapo steak and it was very tough even though (as you can see) I did not overcook it. 

As for dinner, I cheated and ordered A&W Double Cheeseburgers.


I ate them without the buns. Yup, I added bread & butter pickles and drizzled some Lingham chili sauce. My tummy was very full and satisfied!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden with blooming flowers!! Hibiscus is definitely easiest to grow but they need plenty of sunlight.
    Next time before you cheat, call me over to collect buns! What a waste lah.

    I think you can hire hourly maid to clean up once a month. Let them clean up thoroughly while you watch TV and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I forgot to call you yesterday to collect buns hee..hee..

      No, cannot. I am very OCD. The maid will kepala pusing with me.

      Delete
  2. My garden is a mess!!! My missus took over, planted anything and everything but she did not bother to maintain. I really do not dare to look!!! Just close my eyes...since I am not able to do it myself anymore. Sighhhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, a garden can only have one gardener hee..hee... Well, I am very particular and luckily my partner understands not to mess in my garden LOL!

      Delete
  3. Gambatte to your spring cleaning and gardening! I can't get enough of burgers. Still waiting to order more A&W burgers! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gong to spring clean my balcony garden today after work too. I need to paint the wall as some of the paint has scrapped off, wash the floor and repot some of the plants too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite a bit. My house also needs some face lift but after CNY lah. No time liao.

      Delete