Sunday 29 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #29 (What A Sunday)

Today I had an upside down day. This morning my partner thought that he lost his wallet.

He looked high and low for it but it was nowhere to be found. So he concluded that he must have dropped his wallet outside the shop the evening before when he went to buy something.

This morning instead of heading out to Aeon for our grocery run, we went to the shop hoping that some kind soul had found the wallet and handed it to the boss. But alas, no wallet was found.

So to cut the long story short, we went to the police station to report the loss. Then my partner had an inkling that he might have dropped his wallet on the sofa (not the one we usually sit on when we watch TV) because he sat there while taking things out from his backpack the night before.

We headed home and lo and behold, his wallet was indeed on that sofa, hidden behind my lumbar support! If only he had thought about it earlier and we could have saved so much time and trouble. But it was a good experience. We must be mindful when handling our belongings and not be so careless.

At Aeon since we were late, we had a hard time finding a parking bay. The supermarket was not crowded so we managed to quickly shop and leave.


This morning (before the wallet hooha) I found Girl relaxing outside. Do you notice something?


Oh no! Another tikus! The rat was still alive and moments after I snapped this photo, I saw Girl pawing the rat. I quickly shut the door in case the rat might dash inside. Geli! Then the next thing I knew, the rat was gone. 


 
This photo was taken on 01-01-2023.


Belle Belle was all kissy poo with Girl.


I love seeing them like that.


Today I was in the mood for food prep, something I gave up doing for quite a while.


This is lunch for four days. 


And this is a batch of chicken soup for the week's dinner. Two hours were lost due to my partner's wallet fiasco but we are greatly relieved that it wasn't lost after all. 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like my missus. She always leaves her wallet/purse/glasses anywhere and everywhere and wastes so much time hunting high and low to look for them. Can't understand why she can't put at one place all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Yeah, we must put back the things at the proper place so that we can locate them again anytime and not have to look high and low for it.

      Delete
  2. Cat only like to catch or play with the rat that it gets & doesn't eat it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They play with the rat before killing it. No, they don't eat the rat.

      Delete
  3. One day I was searching high and low for my spectacle for the whole morning, only to realized later that I was wearing it all the time. Don't know what happened to me that day. Lol! Girl is so kind that she didn't kill the rat and let if off. Time wasted is small matter, good thing is the wallet is found safe on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...that is so funny! Sometimes I look for something (like my keys) when I am actually holding it! Oh no, she is not kind. She hunts and plays with the rat before eventually killing it. This one managed to escape. Yes, we were so relived that the wallet was found!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, a good reminder for all of us to be mindful. So did you have to cancel the police report since the wallet is found?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't cancel because the police said if we found the wallet, it is not necessary to cancel the report.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the photos of Girl and Belle Belle. They look so sweet together. I don't even want to think where the prey has gone. I think it ran off after Girl has played enough with it. Run off to where, I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the rat survived. So far I did not see it again.

      Delete
  6. phew.....Thank God all is well. Yea, we need to be careful and mindful of our belongings.

    ReplyDelete