Sunday 1 January 2023

January 2023 Is World Carnivore Month!

Happy New Year everyone! With the new year and in conjunction with the change in my diet, I have renamed my blog (a bit of re-branding lah) as you may have noticed.


For the first time in my life, I am happy to greet the new year and I know I have many good things to look forward to in 2023.

I used to be glum and pessimistic and to me, the new year is nothing special, it is just another day. Clearly my mood and outlook is very different now. I attribute this to improved brain chemistry and healing brought about by eliminating/reducing carbohydrates in my diet.


Incidentally January is World Carnivore Month created by Dr Shawn Baker, the author of The Carnivore Diet.
 

It has been eight months now since I started the carnivore way of eating and I will not go back to my previous diet. Of course from time to time you will see me eating non-carnivore foods but as far as my foundation is concerned, it is carnivore ie meat based.


I have renewed my membership with the Steak & Butter Gang for the January 2023 Challenge.


My personal challenge for 30 days would be to try to be (as close to) 100% carnivore just to see how it would affect me. That would mean eliminating coffee, tea, spices and seasonings (except salt) and processed meats.


Yup, no luncheon meat (sobs...sobs...) and sausages. The only processed meat I will allow myself is bacon. At least with bacon, I know it is real meat unlike luncheon meat and sausages where the meat is mixed with fillers/starches.


And yes, no coffee. Coffee would be the hardest to give up and I wonder if it would make be cranky (and miserable). But it is temporary, just 30 days for the sake of research and experience. It won't be easy for sure, I love coffee. But if it is easy, then it is not a challenge, right?

 
I will try to journal my challenge for my personal records and to share the effects of eliminating foods/drinks (that I love) which are deemed non-carnivore compliant (I suspect there won't be much of a difference, let's see!).


This was my new eve dinner, lamb shoulder. So delicious!


The clock is ticking and the January 2023 Challenge starts right now!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Carnivore Queen. I cannot live without coffee and I will go nuts. I worry about your screws getting loose. Hope you will achieve your goals with your strong determination. You are so motivating and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year and thank you, thank you! Skipping coffee gave me a headache. I still have headache today although it is milder. Let's see if tomorrow I will get headache or not.

      Delete
  2. All the best to you for your challenge. Lamb shoulder sounds tasty! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year and thank you! I must buy some more lamb shoulder because that was the last packet in my freezer.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year. All the best for your challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2023!!! "That would mean eliminating coffee, tea, spices and seasonings (except salt) and processed meats." I'm off coffee and processed meats too. Dunno, I thought spices have health benefits? I do know that green tea is good for my condition but I have not started drinking it. Not a tea person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2023! I am also not really a tea person as I prefer coffee. Turmeric is touted to have many health benefits. I'll see how I feel at the end of the 30 days.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have a great new year resolution and plan. Go for it, dear friend. Happy New Year. And Happy carnivore month too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year and many thanks! I hope I can keep it up. LOL!

      Delete
  6. First up, I see you've done some rebranding...except that your url/web address has not changed (coz that would mean starting a new blog altogether). I can't say I'm attracted to your blog header coz all I see are processed meats and more meats...haha! I'm sorry but looking at too much meat (especially fatty meat) makes me want to throw up...lol. I don't think you'll be able to eliminate spices altogether coz that would make your meats (without any seasoning) even more boring to eat. P/S: That Dr Shawn Baker looks more like a bodybuilder than a doctor. Isn't he the same Dr Shawn Baker who had his medical licence revoked? Lol. US people tend to use the title Dr more loosely when most of them aren't even medical doctors. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's OK, some people do like my blog header hee..hee.. I still add spices, just reduced it and I find that beef and lamb have their own nice flavors and can taste good with just salt.

      Dr Shawn Baker is an orthopedic surgeon and his medical licence was revoked because he tried to use nutritional intervention to help his patients (therefore avoiding surgery, hence the hospital was not too happy). The revocation was very unfair as he was accused of not following proper protocol when treating his patients etc. His licence has since been reinstated and I have a lot of respect for him for what he is doing - treating disease and medical conditions via nutritional intervention rather than medication.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I like your new header, so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete