Thursday 29 December 2022

Ending 2022 With Meals At My Favorite Place

I am now eight months semi-carnivore. I have to admit that I have not been very strict these past couple of months with my carb bashes this and the previous month.

My favorite makan spot is Hotpot 1 at A Foodies Nest, The Starling. The food here is good, restaurant quality good and it is a fairly good place to come for (if I may call) a xiao chao.


What you get is a main dish (of your choice) with rice and soup. You are free to help yourself to the cut cili padi and soy sauce.


My favorite is either the Sweet & Sour Chicken or Fish. It's something of a childhood favorite which started off with Sweet & Sour Pork (still my favorite among the three).


Next is the Swiss Chicken which is something like Ayam Masak Kicap. I was disappointed that the portion size seemed to have shrunk, but it was as delicious as ever.


Another good one is the Honey Ginger Chicken. The ginger that they use is pickled ginger and this dish is awesome!


There is nothing like a bowl of rice, I tell ya. Yes, rice is still my weakness if I allow myself to indulge. Haiz!


This was an early lunch and because I was super hungry, I added a Long Bean Omelette.


The thing about the soup here is that it is not consistent in quality. Sometime you get very tasty soup and at other times it is so bland. And then sometimes it is served hot and sometimes at room temperature.


One of the evenings I had the Seafood Cantonese Koay Teow. I find that I no longer enjoy this type of noodle dishes as much as I did in the past. It is too stodgy and I am glad to get it out of my system. No more cravings for this one for sure.


I would very much prefer rice and a dish anytime over noodles.

I was in a hurry the other day and later I realized that I mixed up my selipar Jepun. Adoi! Yes, I wear my selipar Jepun to the office. This is one of the perks of being the boss.


hah..hah..hah...

Just in case you don't hear from me in the next few days, not to worry. I will be back in 2023 to wish you all a Happy New Year!

16 comments:

  1. I have spoken to the Lady boss of Hotpot 1 to ban you from ordering cos you have been cheating too many times!!! Hoi! Mana boleh ini macam Amoi?? I will paste your lovely photo or your sexy feet with mixed up selipar Jepun at the Hotpot 1's payment cashier with the sign PH BANNED for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahahahahaha!!! So funny lah YOU! I almost tercekik when drinking coffee this morning and reading your comment. Aiyo...like that Hotpot1 won't layan me anymore. So sad. LOL!

      Delete
  2. What's that in the last pic? Looks gorgeous! All those meat dishes look great too! I sure would not mind having those and the omelette as well. Ya...usually the complimentary soup at such Chinese places isn't worth a second glance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the Really Big Breakfast. My last carb bash for the year. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Drooling over all the meat dishes. Sweet sour meat is my 2nd son's favourite. Come to think of it, your mixed up slipper looks matching. I am sure people will think it is trendy. The left side has black strap and the right side has white strap, very matching la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wonder if anyone actually noticed the mismatched slippers hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. Is that Big Breakfast (from The Kettle) another of your cheat meals or that's an archive photo? Luckily your selipar Jepun is of the same design. People might think it's fashionable to wear it in two colours (like yin and yang)...kekeke! :D On the contrary, rice is not my weakness (at least not white rice, fried rice is another story lah) but noodles are. I think you don't have a craving for the kong fu chow coz the one shown here doesn't look good at all (the single rice dishes look much more appetising). I love sweet & sour dishes too...fish first followed by pork....chicken no! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that Big Breakfast happened yesterday wahahahaha!!! I suppose TM will also ask them to ban me for 2023 kih..kih...kih... Rice is a major weakness for me especially when I go for banana leaf rice. Rice with curry gravy is da bomb!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you in advance.

    I like sweet and sour, any meat would do but I prefer chicken and fish. I like Cantonese stir fried kway teow but don't like those starchy gravy. Some could be too starchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Happy New Year to you in advance too! Oh ya, I have come across super starchy koay teow gravy too. Some people like it like that.

      Delete
  6. Mixed slippers are on trend nowadays....u r so trendy...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think anyone would notice your slippers. Wah, I like all the food you have shown here. So long I didn't eat yingyong wat tan hor. Hhmmmm feel like eating it now. Your big big breakfast looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too LOL! The BB was good, I enjoyed it a lot.

      Delete
  8. PH, Happy New Year 2023!
    No wonder you can have your jalan jalan in the middle of working hours, now I know why, hehe. *salute to the lady boss!

    ReplyDelete