Thursday 22 December 2022

I Went To 1 Utama To Look At The Ugly Christmas Decorations

I hope I don't kena saman by the 1 Utama datuk. I thought the decorations at The Starling was quite watered down but the one at 1 Utama was, how to say?


Guess what is the theme?


Keretapi. I wonder whose idea it was to put this up.


This was at the new wing.


Not to my taste. Maybe boys and the menfolk like locomotives.


I was actually looking for Public Mutual. I had something to sort out and I went looking for the office.


Then I spotted this Pandora booth. Haiz.... My brother's (wise) words rang in my ears. Some years ago he said to me "If you spend RM5,000.00 on a bracelet, you are not going to wear it everyday and you won't feel any benefit from it. But if you spend the same amount of money on a home theater system, it can bring you enjoyment every time you watch a movie at home". Ya tak ya jugak, kan? wahahahaha! So, no Pandora.


I came across this restaurant, Astons Specialties.


The menu quite suitable for me, maybe one day I will come and dine here.


This is their Christmas menu.


Nearby was Xiang which specializes in authentic Hunan cuisine and it is Muslim friendly.

Now where is Public Mutual? After pusing keliling a few times (I knew it was at LG floor) and not finding it, I gave them a call. I asked for a landmark, any restaurant or shop and was told it is opposite Little Nonya. Ah! Ok!

Once I was done at Public Mutual, I made my way to the old wing.


I saw PJPAC and so far there has been quite a few live performances held there.


Adoi. Some more keretapi


Then I saw this Avante Hotel booth.


You can dine in there I think.


Pasta Trattoria. Why can't they have steak or lamb trattoria? hah..hah..hah... pasta is more popular and more affordable.


Then I saw this poster and the bakery Lavie Boulangerie is at Damansara Kim, right across Damansara Utama. I am sure those baked goods are wonderful.


This friendly young man said hi to me but unfortunately I can't eat cookies. I mean, I can but I choose not to. Did I hear someone say that I can buy them as gifts? hah...hah...hah....


On my way back I saw this restaurant, Z Botanica by Nicsmann. There was a Nicsmann by Lewre at The Starling which has closed down. I checked the Google ratings and I'm afraid it was not encouraging.

So there you have it. My little trip to 1 Utama


I prefer to decorations at The Starling.

14 comments:

  1. Oh dear, no Christmas decorations can be called ugly la. I guess the trains are for trains enthusiasts and children who loves trains. Thanks for sharing the photos of the decorations. I don't think I will ever need to go to one utama ever since pavilion Bukit Jalil is so much nearer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it is ugly lah, my personal opinion LOL!

      Delete
  2. Inspired by the Polar Express, I guess. Love the Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the Christmas trees are nice.

      Delete
  3. LOL....that is just a mediocre decoration...the kids might love the trains....hmmm....so this year no white Christmas in 1U....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, they can go up inside the train and take nice photos.

      Delete
  4. Ah, Pandora...yes, your brother is right, I spent a small fortune buying them and don't wear them anymore now. You want? I can sell you my preloved Pandora (in immaculate condition) cheap cheap....lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have stopped buying these trinkets. If only I were wiser sooner, I would have saved more money hah...hah...

      Delete
  5. I agree that their decorations looked ugly. They could have improved the trains by painting very vibrant red and green in Christmas theme with Santa Claus sitting inside. Lots of kids including me would want to sit on Santa's lap!! Why not???

    I guess their PR team calculated that CNY is less than one month away and should not splurge on this short lived decors, so they probably borrowed the Choo Choo Train from KTM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, I was thinking of KTM too hee..hee...!!!!

      Delete
  6. I agree with your wise brother that the RM5k bracelet would not bring joy everyday. I had been thinking of the antiques that I have traded and collected which is a good dust collector!!! Wakakakaka
    Jokes aside, the antiques are some form of investment besides giving shiok sendiri feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True lah antiques got value and if you appreciate antiques, why not? At least everyday you can look at it or sit on it, betul tak? LOL!

      Delete
  7. I visited 1U and didn't bother to take any photos of the Christmas decoration. =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deco not nice so no need to take photo hah..hah..hah...

      Delete