Tuesday 20 December 2022

Flowers To Cheer Us Up

Well, the end of the year is coming and soon 2022 will be over. Haiz! So fast, hor? 

I felt as if time just whizzed by and the effects of the pandemic (and lock down in 2020 & 2021) is still felt but wearing off bit by bit. 

So what has been memorable for you in 2022? For me, it was changing my diet and experiencing a significant transformation in mind and body. But it made what I eat not so appealing visually and rather limited in variety. But so what? I can get creative, right?

The past two days, I ate the same thing. This.


hah..hah..hah... I know. You say boooooriiiingggg.... But it is really delicious (to me) and it is even better when I added garlic cloves to the mix. 

So anyway, many thanks to my auntie for sending me another batch of pretty flowers.


How can one not feel happy looking at this?


This one looks like orchid and my auntie said she does not know how to spell the name hee..hee...hee...


Looking at this rose bush, something in the background caught my eye. Do you see it? Those white flowers that look like pom poms. I believe it must be spring onions or leeks.


Such a pale pink and so sweet.


This is not rose and I cannot remember the name. I must korek my gardening book (it is somewhere in my bookshelf) and try to figure out this flower.


Yellow is such a bright and cheerful color.


Oooohhhh....aren't these so cute and pretty!


These berries are so nice to look at. I wonder what they taste like.


My auntie's figs are also fruiting. I love dried figs and they are very tasty, chewy and sweet. But I have stopped eating these sweet treats.


This flower is Hollyhock.


This is Poppy. Yeah, the opium flower.


Tonight's dinner will look like this.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing photos of those lovely flowers. Is the pom pom flowers in a small pot? Those berries look like mulberries. You can plant them here too. They taste sourish sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pom pom flowers are direct from the ground. My dad has mulberries in his garden but I did not get a chance to try the berries.

      Delete
  2. Berries in the garden! Did your aunt eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we were in NZ in December and one main attraction would be the flowers...everywhere! So so beautiful! They still flourish in the summer - I guess when autumn comes, it will be a different story altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely country and one day I hope to visit too!

      Delete
  4. So many beautiful flowers and they always bring joy to everyone! Please ask your auntie to adopt me!
    If I am not mistaken, that orchid flower is called Madame Pompadour Orchid. My dad used to plant over 100 pots of different exotic orchids and I was his gardener. Lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My auntie already has three boys. Ah! Then you must be quite good at looking after orchids.

      Delete
  5. your aunty has a good health and strength to do gardening! thumbs up! planting poppy is not illegal in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a very strong and healthy lady. I think if plant poppies on small scale is Ok unless if you plant a whole padang maybe kena tangkap. LOL!

      Delete