Tuesday 13 December 2022

Carnivore-ish Soup

I thought I could tahan OMAD today but cannot lah. At around 2pm I had to eat something.

What to eat, eh? 


I revisited Rice & Pot Empire to enjoy the Ultimate Pork Indulgence (without noodles).


I chose the tomato broth because I love the flavors.


I removed the pork ribs and pork balls so that they could cool down. I could not help noticing that although the price has gone up, the amount of ingredients has shrunk.  It used to be a lot more substantial. I guess that's how it is these days with prices of raw ingredients going up and up.


I left the thinly sliced pork belly in the soup. The tomato pork broth is as good as ever. I finished the broth to the last drop.


Last evening my two girls were so well behaved. After dinner both of them went upstairs and terus pengsan. Nite girls!

Note :
As it turned out, I was sensitive to the soup, possible due to the seasonings, msg and sugar (the soups has a sweetish taste). I didn't feel too good, my mind turned foggy and unfocussed. I also experienced extreme thirst.

12 comments:

  1. I love the decor there! Very oriental. Never had tomato broth in anything - I saw they had that at the Sabah fish noodle place just moved to a coffee shop near my house. Perhaps I can go and try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the decor is nice. They are still popular with the lunch crowd.

      Delete
  2. I was surprised to see what you ate in the first photo. Pork tomato soup? But, but, but....that has vegetables (tomatoes) and obviously sugar to counter the acidic taste of the tomatoes! Then I got to your last sentence. I've seen you have this soup quite a few times already (before you went on your carnivore diet lah) but never heard you mention that you didn't feel good after eating/drinking the soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, I am OK with vegetables, in will incorporate some of them back in my diet. In the past I did feel the negative symptoms although they were not as pronounced as they are now.

      Delete
  3. hmmm....tomato soup made me more hungry (and nervous) due to its acidic. I would need to have something more filling to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the regular pork broth which is also good.

      Delete
  4. Price of everything has been increasing, especially the pork and the egg, recently. ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the pork that I bought online looks like much less in the packaging,

      Delete
  5. Alamak I still haven't visited this place yet after bumped into the youngest boss. I think I told you that I forwarded your earlier write up to him and he was very surprised. I really love tomato soups of any kind and must go support them.

    I will pm you some juiciest gossips soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, you did that? LOL! Come come, I like gossips hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. Good girls! Sleep and didn't go out for the night to go clubbing. πŸ‘I was thinking of going for that tomato soup but after you say you are thirsty, I better not. Yesterday I drank all the beef soup at din Tai Fung and wasn't thirsty at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Previously I did not feel so thirsty after having the soup. It is either me becoming more sensitive or they have added too much msg.

      Delete