Thursday 8 December 2022

SMACK! Sorry Belle Belle

Belle Belle is my problem child. You know, the one who tests my patience. The one who creates challenges for me. The one that can turn me into Monster Mom.


She and Girl have been spending time outside in the evenings and I don't mind it at all. They are cats after all and they are unlike their more atas sisters who are pedigreed and are unable to survive outside the home.

One of the things that drives me up the wall is finding things like this when I come downstairs in the morning.


I don't know who is the culprit, Girl or Belle. Both were indoors the night before. This does not happen often but it does happen from time to time.

  

I set up another litter box outside for those times when they are outdoors. It is important to be a responsible pet owner and not allow our pets to poop in the neighbors' garden. Many people hate cats because of this - pooping in their garden, outside their front door or back lane etc. 

Belle Belle is also prone to mischief by a very irresponsible neighbor (who think they are being amusing). Early this year, she came home like this :


And recently she came home like this :


Some idiot tied a used mask on her collar. I quickly removed it and washed my hands thoroughly. Haiz!


Last Sunday evening she stayed in and settled comfortably on the sofa. I was lying on the other sofa watching Mindhunter on Netflix.


Does she not look adorable? Then she went to the feeding area and helped herself to some leftover kibble (she already had dinner some two hours earlier).

Next thing I know this happened :


She vomited on the sofa. I was livid! I got up and punched the coffee table (I was in a carb-fueled rage). The loud sound startled her and she ran for the door.

I went after her and I smacked her on her rump. SMACK!!!!

Then I immediately felt very guilty. I picked up Belle Belle and cuddled her and apologized. Sorry Belle Belle. Mommy is so sorry. She looked up at me with her big sad eyes and I burst into tears.  Then I let her out.


All that was left to do was to clean up the mess and continue with Mindhunter. I almost became a serial killer.

8 comments:

  1. Of course anyone would be angry to find all those deposits left here, there, everywhere. Even babies will need a good smcking to tech him or her a lesson - what should not be done. Must lay down rules, cannot spoil them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, you definitely must stay off carb then. The person who tied a used mask on Belle Belle is so terrible. I hope that they don't torture her. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were being mischievous and meant no harm. But to tie a used mask on her is very bad.

      Delete
  3. Yup, cats are adorable...until they do such things...poop (not in their litter box) and vomit. It's a package deal...lol! If they vomit (Cookie did that too), it's either they ate too fast...or too much. I suggest you keep away any unfinished kibbles so that they have time to digest what they eat first (I do that by keeping them in a small container and let them eat the leftovers first at the next meal before topping up with fresh kibbles). If they poop elsewhere other than their litter box (Cookie never did that), then it's either a behavioral or medical issue.

    My advice (don't know if it'll work) is to put the two litter boxes separate from one another (maybe Belle Belle wanted to do business but Girl was also doing business next door and cats want privacy when they eliminate). It could also be a case of she can smell Girl's deposits next door (territorial issue). Or maybe she likes an open litter box (most cats do). I read that for a multi-cat household, you should have one extra box, meaning 3 boxes for 2 cats (you could try that and put them in different places). Just my two cents. P/S: Don't worry, a smack every now and then is nothing, they'll still love you unconditionally and you them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice! I will try your suggestions even though I am not so keen on adding one more litter box inside the house (especially an open one), I'll see how. I also feel very reassured to hear that a smack or two every now and then is all right. LOL!

      Delete
  4. OMG!! You were so angry over this helpless matter. Poor thing kena smacked. I also wanted to cry reading this post because of my colon surgery that caused my bowel explosions in public places. There's no time to run when one needs to vomit or have explosions. I will remember to write about this someday when I could gather enough spirit to tell the world of my rollercoaster rides. Cheer up PH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I am so sorry to learn about your predicament. I hope that it is more under control now. I respect you so much for your resilience and indomitable spirit. You have great courage and strength to troop on and maintain good humor in spite of your circumstances. I salute you TM! You are a good example. I must learn from you.

      Delete