Saturday 17 December 2022

Lunch and Avatar!

Today I had a lunch and movie date with my brother. Woohoo!!

We went to watch Avatar : The Way of Water.

But before that, must eat first, because the running time of this movie is 3 hours 12 minutes. Adoi


Since the movie was at 12:15pm, we headed to Red Kettle because they open early (the other restaurants start earliest at 11:30am).

My brother asked me if the Big Breakfast was any good and I told him that it was good but not great and not bad either.


As usual, coffee is a must for us and my brother also got a Lemonade Asam Boi (which turned out to be way too sweet).


No, we did not get the Really Big Breakfast but instead both of us ordered the Porkie Egg Benedict which (looked a lot better than the one) I had back in 2017


I must say that we made a very good choice.


It was delicious and so satisfying. 


Yes, there is carbs. As you can see from my brother's plate, there are two slices of grilled sourdough bread (tasted more like fried bread) with bacon in between, topped with grilled pork shoulder, two poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce. These were accompanied by a small salad (which I did not care for) and very tasty sauteed mushrooms (add on).

After lunch, we still had time to kill so we went to the Popular Bookstore warehouse sale (which was on the same floor as the cinema).


There were lots of books at attractive prices.


But we did not buy any.


Then we saw these boxes that looked like mooncake boxes.


Oh! Cute crockery.


My brother's favorite hee..hee...


Then it was time for the movie.


We made sure to visit the toilet first heh..heh.. 


Three hour movie is no joke, dunno whether the bladder can tahan or not (mine did, my brother had to take a toilet break).


We took a wefie before the movie started. My brother and I may be old(er) now but we are always 10 year olds when we meet up hah..hah...

What can I say about Avatar : The Way of Water? It is visually stunning especially the underwater scenes. Such wonders modern technology can do! This type of movie you must watch it on the big screen to enjoy the full impact or better still watch it in 3D. It is spectacular!


That was a very happy outing. Oh ya, we also watched Wakanda Forever (separately) which my brother enjoyed as much as I did. 

Many thanks to my brother for the great company and superb lunch! 

19 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a long movie. Plan to watch this too. Been waiting since the first Avatar movie.

    Nice movie outing with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lunch look good and delicious and glad that you enjoyed it. For such long movies, I will need to go to the toilet before and after movie. Glad you enjoyed the movies. I haven't seen these movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were other occasions when I had to take a toilet break. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Your pork dish sure looks good πŸ‘ good of you and your brother to support the local cinema industry. πŸ‘ 3hours movie in a theatre cinema, I don't think that I can tahan. Bravo to you both! πŸ’ͺ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been supporting the cinema since their MBO days. I also like to support other local businesses especially the small ones like coffee outlets etc. If each one of us do our part, these small enterprises will thrive.

      Delete
  4. Yes, the Porkie Egg Benedict looks very nice - I sure would love to order that and try. Oooooo...I love the Japanese crockery! They are gorgeous!!! Christmas is coming - you know my address don't you? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, now your brother also gets in on the action...by taking a wefie and showing us "partly" how he looks...lol. I've not been to the cinemas for ages preferring to watch them in the comfort of my own home. Since Red Kettle is a regular eating place for both of you, I decided to google the place...and was astonished to find out what some people had to say about being limited to 1.5 hours of dining time (and how they were "requested" to vacate their seats)! :O Didn't know there's such a thing imposed (unless it's an all-you-can-eat type)! >.< Does the practice still exist now? People would want to chill and relax in a cafe but to know that they have to leave within a stipulated time isn't very attractive, is it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The time limit was applicable during the MCO period and not in practice anymore. This place is right about one of the most popular ones at The Starling.

      Delete
  6. Avatar is good but the ticket price is also high!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? I did not check the price of the regular seats since I bought the (expensive hah..hah...) twin seats.

      Delete
  7. i also cannot tahan 3 hours movie....sure will need toilet break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure not to drink too much and go to toilet just before the show. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Haha, I didn't watch Avatar 1,so most probably I'm not going to watch this blockbuster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first one but can't remember the story because it was so long ago >.<

      Delete
  9. I love to eat at Red Kettle whenever there's guests to entertain, besides Museum at ground floor. I often ordered the pork burger as the portion is just right otherwise my bowels would burst. Their egg tarts are nice too.
    I think I will enjoy Avatar but I will never watch with my brother. How nice to be 10 year olds again if I meet my brother. Ours is tensed like 2 diplomats from North & South Korea whenever we meet up. I envy you for having such a loving family!
    Hey, your rambut colour is very canggih macam Avatar actress! Wakakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried Red Kettle's egg tarts yet. There is a new egg tart kiosk called Miki at the basement. Maybe next time you can check it out. Oh, sorry to hear of your tense diplomatic relations. My family is small, so we are nice nice to each other hah...hah... My rambut is actually like nenek kebayan if I did not dye it!

      Delete