Sunday 8 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #6 & #7 (Fish & Burger. Ooops!)

On day #6 (Friday) I had beef soup for lunch and I did not take any photos because it looked terrible hah..hah...

Carnivore food is visually very unattractive. So. As for dinner, it was pork soup. Again, no photo.

On Saturday (day #7) I did not feel like eating beef or pork, so I had salmon bones. 


It does not look like much but since it is quite fatty, a small amount is very satiating.


I forgot to line the baking pan with aluminum foil, hence I had to do a wash up because the oils seeped onto the pan.


I enjoyed the roasted salmon bones immensely and there was so much flavor even though I did not season the bones.


But after this mini salmon feast, I won't want to eat salmon again for at least a week. 

Dinner.


Whaaaattt?????? The only other thing I have in the freezer is pork, no more beef and no more lamb. I did not feel like having pork and although I had a few containers of beef soup, I did not feel like having that either.

The next best thing is beef burgers eaten without the buns.


I ate the vegetables (in the Mozza Burger), no big issue. There were no veggies in the double cheese burger and the tomato ketchup was already in the burger. Again no biggie.

My lahling had a dinner date at Section 17 and sent me photos.


Sorry the photo is blurry. When he came home he said he did not feel well after eating the char koay teow. He reckons because it was too oily. It does look very shiny.


His dinner companion had chee cheong fun. He snapped this photo after the young man was half way through his meal.


They also had dessert. It was black glutinous rice. It was a carb/sugar loaded dinner but to each his own. 

So that was it, almost a week into the JAN 2023 challenge and I am feeling good.


8 comments:

  1. 2 more weeks to CNY too ..time really flies!!

    Your roasted salmon looked yummy. And fatty. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fast, hor? I love the fatty parts of the salmon hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. Wah, I am more tempted by your salmon bones than by the ccf and ckt. Hahahaha your partner must have eaten too much carb, that's why he doesn't feel well. When I ate too much carb, I want to drop asleep on the spot while still standing. Sugar from carb overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... yah, too much carbs makes us sluggish.

      Delete
  3. Oily and msg!!! We went for noodles for our supper last night. My girl did not feel too good after that. The problem with the cooking at some Chinese places - they simply put too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't take food that is too oily, high carbs/sugar...i feel sluggish after that.

    ReplyDelete