Saturday 21 January 2023

January 2023 Challenge : Day #21 (Chinese New Year Eve!)

It is Chinese New Year eve! Those of you who are celebrating are most likely having your reunion dinner at the restaurant and the ladies are busy dolling themselves up to look good tonight, right?

Some of you might be helter skelter either cooking or rushing to collect your pre-ordered dishes from the restaurants. Organizing a reunion dinner for family is no joke, it can be stressful and tiring but ultimately it is so much FUN!

Me? LEPAK!!! Woohoo!!!


Well, I still cooked but simple simple only. Just two dishes. That's what I love about being carnivore. No need to bersusah payah to wash and peel and cut and cook vegetables. No need to cook rice.


I just prepared and seasoned one pork belly and chucked it into the air fryer for 25 minutes.


I was gifted with a bunch of prawns by my married brother and all I did was stir fry the prawns with garlic, turmeric powder, chili flakes and salt. Voila!


 Nice or not? hee...hee...hee...


Obviously one pork belly is not enough tsk...tsk...tsk... All I got was just one small plateful.


Some kind of surf and turf. It was superb!


It is my first ever carnivore Chinese New Year and I am doing good. There is a canister of pineapple tarts in the house and I am not even tempted. Let's see what I eat tomorrow.


To all my friends and readers, I wish you all a very Happy Chinese New Year, GONG XI FA CAI and Happy Holidays!

8 comments:

  1. Gong Xi Fa Cai! A Blessed and Happy and Bountiful Year of the Rabbit? No fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Ah! I actually have fish in the freezer. Let's see what shall I do with it hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. Me? Lepak also this year! Woohoo!! Like you who don't follow your lahling back to his hometown in Penang every year (not that I remember reading unless I missed it) for CNY celebrations, I too did not follow my husband back to Ipoh this year (for the first time!). Ooo, glad to finally see something other than meat in your blog...those prawns look yummy, simple marinade is enough if prawns are fresh. P/S: Your cut pork belly pieces not a very auspicious number lah....lol! :D Next time must cut thicker into 8 pcs....wuahahahaha! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you too! hee..hee.. it is actually very nice to lepak by ourselves at home, so peaceful and relaxing. Goodness you actually counted the pork belly slices LOL! A few pieces went into my mouth before I snapped the photo hah..hah..hah...

      Well, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and enjoy your time lepak-ing hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. Gong xi fa chai to you! I also ate dinner by myself. Love your prawns but not peeling them, lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Peeling the prawns was quite troublesome and messy. LOL!

      Delete
  4. It's so pleasant to see those nicely arranged prawns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought they would look better that way for the photoshoot.

      Delete