Sunday 26 March 2023

Taking Another Hiatus

Yup, I have to take a break. Much as I love blogging I'm afraid I am not in the right frame of mind.

In addition to my dad's poor health - we found out last Saturday that my mum has multiple fractures on her wrist - two weeks after her fall. My partner and I took her to the doctor (with my dad tagging along), and after that we had to go to the emergency department at the hospital nearby as she was referred to a hand surgeon.

My poor mum was so anxious and worried. I felt so sorry for her. We were told by the initial doctor that she might have to undergo surgery. But after we consulted with the hand surgeon, he gave my mum the option of cementing her arm/wrist and pulling at her wrist to reset the bones. Mum was so relieved and so was I. At her age, surgery is not an option to be taken lightly.

So all is well that ends well and I am confident that mum is on the way to a better recovery. The estimated time for the bones to heal (according to the surgeon) is 6 weeks and mum's next follow up is in a week's time and in another 3 weeks, the cast can come off.


It was a long day which my partner said was time well spent. I agree. After sending my parents back to my brother's house (he had to work that day), we made our way to SS2 to buy some hardware to repair the toilets at home. My partner is quite the handyman hee...hee...

My carnivore support group is also going through a crisis because the founder who has been the primary person managing the group had to take time off due to the health issue of a family member.  Ever since she has been gone, the meeting schedules have been crazy and I missed so many meetings especially the Saturday morning community meatings.

This support group has given me a lot of joy and it is my only social activity. I do enjoy the sharing, learning and camaraderie.


So that's that and when things improve, I will come back. But I will still come by your blogs to visit and say hello. I'll see you when I see you. Bye!

19 comments:

  1. Please take good care of your mother, father and yourself. 🙏 Praying for a full recovery for your mother's wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish all well to your parents and speedy recovery. Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take care over there. Speedy recovery to your mum. Soon, I will be busy as well and may have no time to blog as I am planning to take a new undertaking. A new challenge for me and family. Maybe will blog about it but once everything is confirmed, which will be few months down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the best with your new undertaking and may it be a success!

      Delete
  4. What's in the first pic? Pork? That's one awesome snapshot! The slices look good! God bless your parents and all of you through these difficult times. Hope all will turn out well eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Oh, that is a pork loin, air fried!

      Delete
  5. Don't worry too much about your mommy, I believe she will be on the way for recovery. You too must taking good care of yourself too. *hugs with lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can clearly understand why you need to take time off as between your dad's poor health, your mom's recent scare and the temporary loss of your carnivore support group, it may be a bit too much for you to juggle with everything, everywhere, all at once (sorry but have to borrow the term-lah)! :D Anyway, hope everything works out for the better....take care. *warm hugs & concern* P/S: Ooo, I like the looks of your carnivore plates with more greens now (not sure if these are old photos before you became a carnivore...lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you for the comforting words. Ah, greens makes the plating so much nicer. Those were recent meals last weekend. I cooked more so that I have leftovers.

      Delete
  7. Hope that all is well with your parents. Yes, things have been a roller coaster for me too...It's good to take time-off to focus on your mental wellbeing. See u again soon (in blogosphere) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's good to take some time off and come back fresh :)

      Delete
  8. Time spent with family members especially when they are in need is time well spent. Glad that your mom doesn't need surgery and pray that her wrist will heal fast and fully recovered. It is good to have a handy man around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy for your encouraging words. I hope my mum's bones will recover.

      Delete
  9. I hope both your mum and dad will be in good hands. I agree that surgery is sometimes not necessary. Falling down is something we cannot control as I also lost my balance few times but was lucky to hold the walls and chairs.

    Life is like that. I am still optimistic that I will recover and start travelling, alone for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. My mum and dad are as good as can be. I have to accept their aging process and try not to worry too much about them but I can't help it. You have a strong fighting spirit and you are such a positive person. I am also optimistic that you will recover.

      Delete
  10. Sending my thoughts and prayers for your mother's swift recovery. Please take good care of yourselves and your parents during this time.

    ReplyDelete