Tuesday 7 February 2023

I Ate Half A Chicken Today

When I was in secondary school, my fantasy was to eat one whole roasted chicken. 

My fantasies have always revolved around food and not even my favorite rockstar can compete for a space in my fantasy land. Come to think of it, who was my favorite rockstar? I cannot even remember.

By the way, has anyone watched the Graham Norton Show, the one where Michelle Yeoh appeared along side Austin Butler? Kudos to Michelle Yeoh for her achievements and all (and still sounding Malaysian without any put on accent) but I had my eyes on Austin Butler. Oh my, that boy is a looker! According to my taste lah heh...heh... Adoi. Auntie, behave!


Yesterday was a public holiday in conjunction with Thaipusam. Both my girls were so good, they chilled out at the car porch.


Belle Belle is now a healthy cat, no more sickly like before. She came to me with oily matted fur and wounds on her paws.


This was the face that melted my heart and I couldn't help but feel so much pity and love for her.


Haiz! I am such a softie.


Girl of course still holds the number one spot in my heart and she is as adorable as ever (in spite of doing horrendous things like pooping on my cushion).


Yesterday evening I cooked beef trimmings which I got from Aeon. This batch was particularly fatty.


They came out nice and crispy.


I should have poured away the rendered fat and no, I did not consume the fat because there was way too much of it.

Today, I went out to tapau lunch from here.


Half a poached chicken which was missing a leg and the vendor replaced it with a roasted chicken leg. The chicken came with ginger green onion paste which was pretty good.


I went to Jaya Grocer and bought a packet of beef trimmings for my lunch tomorrow.


This evening I must remember to give my two girls their monthly kutu treatment.

13 comments:

  1. The roast chicken we had for our Chap Goh Meh dinner was kind of disappointing. On the dry side, not nice and juicy. Sobssss!!!!! Had a problem with the pek chang kay at another place - in tomorrow's post in my blog. So pissed off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read your posts. These places are not consistent with their QC.

      Delete
  2. Both types of chicken look good and tender. Yums. Wah, Belle really knows how to manja mama PH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sometimes even climbs on my lap to sleep hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. All our kiddos will have a face that melt our hearts! ;) Downing half a chicken is not a problem for you...hehe. Are you going to fulfill your fantasy of eating one whole chicken one day? Kekeke! P/S: That hottie Austin Butler is also my taste lah...we have similar tastes....wakakakaka! :D I loved his portrayal of Elvis...he looks uncannily similar to Elvis when he was young. Just like Freddie Mercury, they got the perfect guy to play the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah same taste in food, same taste in dudes wahahaha!!!!

      Delete
    2. About the one whole chicken, I think I can't handle it LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ah, thank you for loving Belle Belle and caring well for her so that she is now healthy and happy. Thank you for these adorable photos of Belle Belle and Girl. Heart warming photos! Ah, when I was in my early twenties, my spouse then bf and I ate one whole ayamas percik in one sitting. Now old already, Tak larat already, hahahaha. Your half chicken looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I am glad they came into my life. As long as the chicken is not too big, I can handle half hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. half roasted chicken is in my fantasy. Nowadays i couldn't eat whole chicken in one setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fantasy is to eat one whole cake by myself, scooping spoon by spoon, enjoying those fattening scream without thinking about calories... Wonder when will I have the courage to do it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! In 2021 I told my self "next year I want to but one (small) cake and eat the whole thing myself!" But I never did that because I became carnivore. But who knows...if I might do it next year hah...hah....

      Delete