Monday 6 February 2023

Family Lunch and Beauty Advice

My parents are in town and last Saturday I visited. They are staying with my brother and I was much reassured when I saw that my mum appears more relaxed and my dad's well being is much improved.

My mum sounded distressed when we communicated prior to this visit. From what I gathered then, my dad was doing poorly. Now that they are in a safe place where help is at hand, they are more assured and confident (although not completely pending the coming medical procedure).

For lunch that day, my brother went to tapau food from his regular chicken rice shop. I did tell my brother not to get anything for me but he did, in case his sister changed her mind hee...hee... 


He got us char siew and siew yoke rice. I kept mine for my partner. 


There was also half a poached chicken. This is my favorite and I ate the leftovers.


There were three packets of pork ball soup.


Of course with mum around, there must be plenty of vegetables.


Loads of taugeh.


Salad, even.


This is mum's plate.


After lunch I had a lepak-lepak chat with my parents while my brother chilled out upstairs. My mum highlighted to me that she has deep lines on her forehead. So I took a closer look. Those are frown lines. 

She asked me what should she do for that. The fact that mum showed interest in her appearance, I think that is a good sign, no? That means that her semangat has lifted a bit from the stress that she has been experiencing. 

I suggested collagen, which is important for skin health (as far as I know) and mum immediately asked me to help her get the collagen supplement. Okie dokie.

I thought of this.


I used to take this but I am not conscientious with these things, so I stopped. My regular pharmacy does not stock this.

The pharmacist suggested an alternative.

So that's what I got.


I hope that mum achieves better skin health with this product. I am in no way promoting this product, just talking about it by way of blog content. 

Do I take collagen supplements? Sure.


hah...hah... Because I am el cheapo.


Chicken feet is a very cheap source of collagen. My soup is all solid and coagulated when it sits in the fridge and I simply reheat in the steamer. Let food be thy medicine (and cosmetic!).

10 comments:

  1. Collagen from Japan is good, I used to take few boxes. Good that your mum is feeling better. The spirit has lifted up. Glad both of them came to stay with your brother. They just need companion and support. It sure feel lonely without kids by their side. Glad that they decided to stay over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that they are here and we can keep an eye on them.

      Delete
  2. The siew yoke and char siew and poached chicken all look good but the kangkong looks so discoloured and I prefer my taugeh with their tails removed. Eyewwww!!!!! Chicken feet! No, thank you! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kangkong was discolored because kept in closed box while it is still hot.

      Delete
  3. I think your collagen from the chicken feet broth is best as you know exactly what you are eating but hopefully your mother can get the benefits of the bottles of collagen drinks that you bought for her. Wah, what chicken shop is that? Got sell salad too? Good that your parents are staying with your brother now to let your mother have some rest when you all can take over some of her tasks and she got you all to talk to face to face. All the best for your father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The salad was leftover in my brother's fridge. Thank you, I hope my dad's issues can be resolved soon.

      Delete
  4. I expected your parents to stay with your brother. Somehow, parents always prefer to stay with sons (more so if they're still single) than sons-in-law (for obvious reasons)...lol. My parents-in-law (when they were alive) also preferred to stay with their son (my husband) than in their daughters house with their sons-in-law...hah..hah. Now that your mom have both of you to help out, I'm sure she will feel much relieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like that, kah? hah..hah.. maybe they are discouraged by two cats. Yes, my mum definitely feels better with us around.

      Delete
  5. I re-take back collagen supplement after stopped for a while because I really need to do something to improve my wrinkles problem >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see. Hope it works out, you are still young!

      Delete