Wednesday 9 October 2024

At Mother's Request

Last Saturday we were supposed to have lunch at Meat Feds (my treat).

Earlier that morning, as I was on my way to my brother's house, I made a pit stop at Halla Holla.


I was feeling peckish, you see.


I had black coffee and my favorite Brioche Cheesestick. So naughty! 


At the nursing home, dad was served lunch right before we left. The aroma of the curry was very nice.

I already made reservations at Meat Feds but as we were leaving, mum expressed her wish to eat "asam pedas". In the car, I mentioned that to my brother who suggested that I could cancel the Meat Feds reservation.

I admit I was disappointed because I really wanted to go to Meat Feds but I guess I was the only one who was enthusiastic about it. So I (sadly) cancelled.


Instead of our usual hot pot of tea, we had this very refreshing Limau Asam Boi. The uncle in the logo looks more like a Greek god LOL!


The usual Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms.


I didn't know what else to order, so I simply tembak this Honey Pepper Mantis Prawns. Won't order this again because it was mostly flour that made the prawns look (deceptively) substantial.


You can never go wrong with Paku Belacan


And the piece de resistance, Steamed Asam Fish.


Look at that! I was glad to see mum enjoying her meal. I guess she missed her asam pedas fix. LOL!

Later at the office, as I was relaxing, I came upon Dr Sean O'Mara's Youtube video where he talks about errr...pooping.


Then he shows this photo of him doing a demo of a squatting position (which the best way to go - I agree since that's the natural way to do it). I was so amused that this doctor does it like that in his own home. Who would have thought!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! 2 votes against 1. So no choice you had to compromise. It's alright. Maybe you could visit Meat Febs when you are dining alone. Errrrr, pooping, doesn't matter, it is only natural and normal that one poops hah hah.

    ReplyDelete