Monday 28 October 2024

Low Carb Outside

No, don't eat the flowers hah..hah... But I am pretty sure they are low carb.

Flowers (and leaves) make a dish look pretty but I am not very keen on having something inedible on my plate (do they recycle the flowers?).


I enjoy eating out and depending on which restaurant I go to, it is not difficult to stay low carb. I love salmon sashimi and that's what I had. 


I also had the salmon shioyaki. It is half a head and came with (meaty and crispy) bones.


Among the crispy bones, I found a small piece of salmon. This lunch was at Fujisawa Kyanpu Bar.


One day on my way back from DJ, I revisited Ara Vietnamese Noodles.


That's another place where I can skip carbs.


This combo is with beef slices, brisket, tendon and tripe.


My favorite and more convenient place to go to is Pho Real. On this visit the boss was manning the stall and that's the best time to order. Because boss will ensure that you get your best experience.


I added brisket and with the boss there, I got a generous serving.


One auntie who couldn't find a table asked if she could sit at mine. Of course she could. She ordered claypot loh shue fun from Wai Kei (it looked really good. Oh carbs how I love thee! Haiz!). 

She removed the noodles to a small bowl and also filled up a really cute La Gourmet thermos with more noodles. Very practical to take away excess food that you can't finish. I never have excess food leftover to bring home hah..hah..hah...


I revisited Yoyogi and this time I had the beef patties with mentai sauce. This is my first experience with mentai sauce and the pink color surprised me.


This time I opted for no rice. The beef patties were delicious with none of the strong beefy aroma that I experienced previously.

I also opted for a fried egg. Like before, I did not finish the soup as it was too beefy. The veggies were all right and I especially love the pickles.


So those are the places I go to for lunch where I can avoid rice/noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Have a good day ahead! I just had a big piece of salmon (not raw) for my western dinner yesterday with sides of (carbs) rice and baked potatoe with some raw lettuces. It costed S$9.90. I love salmon because it is delicious and good for our health with a lot of omega 3 fatty acids.

    ReplyDelete