Thursday 14 December 2023

Ara Vietnamese Noodles @ Damansara Jaya

Today I walked past the shophouses at Damansara Jaya and decided to explore Ara Vietnamese Noodles.


It is a small unassuming restaurant, simple decor and not at all pretentious.


It has got that messy look that made me feel right at home hah..hah...


It was just past 12;00pm when I got there and there were two other tables occupied. I noticed that this restaurant opens very early. When I checked, their opening hours are 7:30am to 3:00pm and 5:30pm to 9:00pm (closed Mondays).


It is neat and clean inside. Let's look at the menu.

There is Bahn Mi.


And of course the noodles.


Rice Sets.


Side dishes.


And beverages.


There is a big printout of a write up of this restaurant which appeared on Malay Mail online.


So what did I order? The beef pho of course. And a little side dish for extra protein.


See, all within budget heh..heh...


The portion was small, I mean for RM12.50, that was to be expected. There is an option to add on ingredients of course but I need to taste this first to see if future upgrades are justified.


I took a sip of the broth and thankfully, it was good. Much better than Pho Vietz but not as good as Pho Real. But good enough for me. 


Can. Can. Can come again. See. Sapu habis.


This was my side dish of BBQ Pork Skewers. I read from reviews that it was good but takes a while to come to the table.


It was worth the wait (after all it came as soon as I was done with the noodles). It might be a bit fatty for most people but perfect for me. The pork belly slices were well marinated and delicious.


I will be back for sure. I noted in the ordering system that you can opt for no noodles when ordering noodle dishes. That's what I might do in future and add on more meat/veggies. Sure it will be more expensive but it will be for those once in a while indulgence.

12 comments:

  1. We have one stall at a coffee shop here manned by some Vietnamese ladies and two Vietnamese restaurants. Of course, things are a whole lot cheaper at the stall - I went once but I have not gone back there again. Will do that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the food is good when you eventually go try the stall. I am sure you will blog about it when you do.

      Delete
  2. The pork skewer reminded me of the pork belly satay I had not long ago. A bit "jelak" due to the fatty part. Lol. I prefer the normal pork satay.

    As long the place is clean, the interior design isn't that important. It did have that old coffee shop look we grew up with. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to love the fatty parts hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. Goodness. This Uptown Girl waltzed all her way to Damansara Jaya!! I guess I may not try it since Pho Real is better. I seldom want to go to that area again after getting 2 illegal parking summons otherwise I like to eat at that cheap vegetarian coffee shop there.

    I have started eating like you to skip noodles to enjoy their broths with more meat and veggies. So shiok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I pass by there almost everyday, I thought why not check out the restaurants there. I might find something really good.

      Delete
  4. Looks good but the skewers are too fatty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price seem very reasonable, will definitely pay a visit if I'm nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep expectations low. I would say the food is decent so far. Will try other dishes.

      Delete
  6. looks good, i would sapu habis and tambah skewer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You can eat as much as I do or even more!

      Delete