Thursday 28 December 2023

Revisiting My Old Favorite

The year 2023 is drawing to an end and I am going back to my meat-based way of eating again in 2024. 

So I am going to eat my (carb) favorites before the year ends. 


I frequented Pho Vietz very frequently back in March-June 2023 not just because I love the food but for convenience. 


One of my favorites is the grilled lemongrass bahn mi.


And another favorite is the steamed rice cake with minced pork.


Oh yes, I enjoyed my meal immensely. It was an early dinner around 4:00pm.


Then I made my way to the 5th floor for Popular Bookstore's warehouse sale.


I wasn't looking to buy any books (because I have so many already) but just to have a look-see-look-see.


There were rows and rows of books.


 As usual, I gravitate towards the cookbook section.


I don't believe in such things anymore. Mana ada fat burning food?


This also I don't believe. 


I have never counted calories.


I do eat vegetarian meals from time to time but not lately.


Then I spotted something that I like.


Yes, I love bacon! 


This is interesting.


But not at that price. So I walked away.


They sell not only books but also snacks, mugs and such.


I spotted a new shop located between Curry Leaf and Sate Kajang.


Oh! Nyonya Colors has come to Damansara Uptown. Previously this shop was known as Kafe Rasa Sayang.


My partner visited recently and complained that the portion sizes were small and it was expensive.


Limited time parking has been introduced in my area. So there will be less slots for those who want to park longer hours.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, 2 hours parking only. I wonder how they implement that. Thank you for bringing us on a walkabout. I like the food at pho vietz too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wonder how they track the duration people park.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you haven't been here for a while. I love Vietnamese. Never mind that it may be more expensive, as long as quality is assured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is so far so good. Love it a lot!

      Delete
  3. I like bahn mi if it is still fresh and warm... I have taken this only two times, one time when it was served warm and crispy on the crust and one time when the whole bahn mi was not so fresh, that was the time I stopped taking. I wonder whether it should be served nice and warm or cold inside out. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banh mi here is served warm and very crispy. That's why I love it so much. If cold, then very hard and chewy. Not so good for our old teeth. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I used to buy many cook books but not anymore as I found myself refer to online recipes more than dig out my cook books collection and flip the pages one by one. ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have lots of cookbooks that I never use anymore.

      Delete
  5. I see you're enjoying some of your favourite carbs before going back to your carnivore diet....quick quick, only a few more days to go...lo! :D

    ReplyDelete