Saturday 9 December 2023

Today's Makan Makan

Today is Saturday and I went to visit dad at the nursing home together with mum and my brother.

It has been almost two weeks since I last saw mum (and my brother too) because I was down with Covid.  I really missed them and dad a lot!

Dad is doing quite well at the home and we are glad that he appeared quite happy and cheerful. So my brother and I left mum and dad alone to talk while we had our own little chit chat at the front porch.

Then it was time to say bye bye to dad till our next visit on Wednesday.

For lunch, we headed to Kar Hiong, out favorite place for rice and dishes.


We ordered four dishes.


Stir Fried French Beans with Minced Pork and Mui Choy.


Honey Pepper Oyster Mushrooms, which were exceptionally good.


Kam Heong Chicken.


Steamed Fish with Choy Poh.

Total damage came to RM118.90. It was a very satisfying meal and Kar Hiong does not disappoint.

After stopping by my brother's house for a spot of chit chat with mum, I left for the office. 


In the afternoon I went for an early dinner at Kam Kee Cafe. I ordered the Borsch Soup with Sliced Beef and Macaroni.


It was very good. Nyums!


Yesterday evening Girl came inside for a spot of sayang-sayang with mommy. I was lying down on the sofa when she hopped on and got cozy with me.


She (and Belle Belle and Kittie Kat) were largely neglected when I was sick. Poor things!


Then Girl saw it fit to take a snooze on mommy.


So warm and cozy, eh?


hee..hee.. It was raining outside.


Haiz....I really love this one.


This Kam Keef Borscht soup was so so good. I have to perfect the recipe. The one I cooked is nowhere near the yumminess of this one. 

8 comments:

  1. 😍😍 I am glad to hear that your dad is recuperating well at the nursing home. It has been stressful weeks for you and family. You deserve a good break, good makan and loving hugs with your pets.

    You are good at luring me to consider going to Kam Kee now for this Borscht Soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember you told me about miracles? It turns out you were right. Thank you for giving me hope!

      Please let me know what you think of Kam Kee's Borscht soup. I am addicted >.<

      Delete
  2. Looks like today was a carb-full day! ;) P/S: I can see why you really love this "one" (me too). She hugs your legs like it's a bolster...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! hee..hee.. Ah, my Girl is so adorable :)

      Delete
  3. Dishes look good. Love the chicken especially. Never had Borsch Soup with Sliced Beef and Macaroni before - would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the HK style Borscht soup and not the Russian one which I don't think I would like LOL!

      Delete
  4. Kah hiong food looks good. Don't think I will ever get to eat dishes for a few persons a table anymore. Ah, my favourite soup and macaroni. No msg as well as I don't get thirsty after drinking all the soup. Ah, Girl is so sweet sleeping on you. 😻good to know you all are well now. Covid be gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned it, yes, I too don't feel thirsty after consuming the soup. Yes, Covid be gone! But I read that number of cases are rising, so please be careful.

      Delete